Takeuchi TB 014 offset slew problem jammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi TB 014 offset slew problem jammed

My first post so hopefully it is in right place.

last week the drive steering handle snapped off my digger.

So I took the assembly apart to weld a new shaft on.

It is quite straight forward with just a few bolts holding it in place and 3 ball end linkages to the hydraulic valves.

1. for left and right track drive
    2. one for breaker attachment
    3. one for the offset boom operation.

I welded a new handle on and put back together.

Now I can't use the offset boom.
    I can use the pedal for one direction but cannot get it to return. it is jammed solid?

So I took the pedal off and just used the linkage to try and operate it.

The same problem it will only slew the offset left put will not retract, and no matter how much pressure I put on the linkage it will not budge the valve in the opposite direction, it is jammed somehow? (and it seems to be nothing to do with the linkages but the valve itself?)

I really don't understand why as I only undone a ball joint end and put it back on so that should not have affected the actual valve operation? as normally it is just sitting there doing nothing.

Any ideas on how to remedy this as I think there must have been an issue before I took the linkage apart and hadn't noticed as it is over 5 months since I used the digger last?

welcome Boyo .... fraid I can't offer much more ..... not familiar with the said weapon at all
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hi .. your problem detail is a bit complex and would be better with some pictures so we can see more about your predicament because parts of your post dont make sense
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Hi .. your problem detail is a bit complex and would be better with some pictures so we can see more about your predicament because parts of your post don't make sense
        Tha's putting it mildly Muz ...... completely lost me with it
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Tha's putting it mildly Muz ...... completely lost me with it
          Well, guys now that you said it, had some diffculties in following the story, but did not admit it

Comment

Working...
          X