E70 caterpillar excavator help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E70 caterpillar excavator help.

I just inherited an E70 caterpillar excavator.

The arm swings side to side and none of the controls seem to lock it in place or move it side to side but it does have a hydraulic arm on it so there must be a lever or something I haven’t found and or isn’t there anymore.

Also the attachment on it is currently a claw but the hydraulics to open and close the claw are on the attachment itself so to attach a digger attachment I would need to disconnect the hydraulic lines?

Also can somebody point out any fill points for oils/fluids and anybody know what fuse sizes it would use? They are glass fuses.

I appreciate any helps guy. Thanks a bunch.

Originally posted by retsaMinnavoiG View Post
    I just inherited an E70 caterpillar excavator.

The arm swings side to side and none of the controls seem to lock it in place or move it side to side but it does have a hydraulic arm on it so there must be a lever or something I haven’t found and or isn’t there anymore.
    Usually theres a button either on the dash or on one of the control sticks that switches the slew function from machine slew to boom offset, then operating the slew lever as normal works the arm instead of the machine

Originally posted by retsaMinnavoiG View Post
    Also the attachment on it is currently a claw but the hydraulics to open and close the claw are on the attachment itself so to attach a digger attachment I would need to disconnect the hydraulic lines?
    No .. There will be a switch somewhere that activates the auxilliary hydraulic circuit, then to operate the attachment there will be another button, usually on a control stick to operate the thumb ... you might be better posting pictures of the cab dash and control levers so we can have a look
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Usually theres a button either on the dash or on one of the control sticks that switches the slew function from machine slew to boom offset, then operating the slew lever as normal works the arm instead of the machine

No .. There will be a switch somewhere that activates the auxilliary hydraulic circuit, then to operate the attachment there will be another button, usually on a control stick to operate the thumb ... you might be better posting pictures of the cab dash and control levers so we can have a look
      Both the joysticks are falling apart and have holes in the top with nothing there, so I have a feeling I’m missing vital components haha.

Moving the right side joy stick left/right will move the entire attachment back and forth and there is a third pedal on the ground that moves the thumb open and closed.

I’ll get some photos for you. Appreciate the help mate.

Any ideas on oil/hrdaulic fluid checks? Engine oil dipstick is good and there in another dipstick next to the cab under the arm that is good.

Just so you know, this is in Australia so I don’t know how similar the machines will be to the UK and I have virtually no experience, although I managed to cut out a 50m driveway on a hill in a few hours so getting the hang of it.

Comment

Working...
      X