No announcement yet.

Stuck trying to fix hydraulic problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, ok here's some pictures I took, may be helpful for reference one day.

This is the valve I took out to check, and deemed to be ok, however I bought new scraper seals and o rings for it , which I will put in anyway

IMG_20180702_191928.jpg

Comment

IMG_20180703_170141.jpgIMG_20180703_185442.jpgIMG_20180704_113051.jpgIMG_20180707_184409.jpg

Some of the removal of the unit. There was a lot of headscratching here. Also I had to buy some stubby spanners, as very limited room

Comment

IMG_20180707_195415.jpgIMG_20180707_195440.jpg

This is what it was like inside, it's hard to see but the orings had their day.
        Also there was a washer, or collar missing from the unit which I found in the digger.
        However it was not in good condition so I bought a new one from Kubota for 25+vat (for a washer!)

Comment

IMG_20180711_141805.jpgIMG_20180709_180820.jpgIMG_20180711_141912.jpgIMG_20180711_144550.jpg
          This shows how I labeled the pipes, so I know what goes where.
          All my new seals soaking in hydraulic oil,
          Now I have rebuilt the unit and tomorrow I will try to start putting it all back together.
          Thanks for the help so far

Comment

Excellent job .. thanks for the pics .. Hot water is your friend for softening your seals for re fitting .. bit of a job innit ? Looks like you are under control though
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Chaslynch View Post
              Hi, ok here's some pictures I took, may be helpful for reference one day.

This is the valve I took out to check, and deemed to be ok, however I bought new scraper seals and o rings for it , which I will put in anyway

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4100[/ATTACH]
              Jeeeez tha's a big spool shuttle
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4103[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4104[/ATTACH]

Some of the removal of the unit. There was a lot of headscratching here. Also I had to buy some stubby spanners, as very limited room
                respect!!!!

looks a right bitch of a job

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4105[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4106[/ATTACH]

This is what it was like inside, it's hard to see but the orings had their day.
                  Also there was a washer, or collar missing from the unit which I found in the digger.
                  However it was not in good condition so I bought a new one from Kubota for 25+vat (for a washer!)
                  they'm well nadgered

the joys of Kub ownership .... extra large wallet required

Comment

fair play to you ..... in at the deep end that is great pix Boyo .... keep 'em coming .... not many'll have seen the inside of a rotary coupling, let alone stripped one ..... how'd you separate it .... blow it out with some air or it come apart easy enough ??

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      fair play to you ..... in at the deep end that is great pix Boyo .... keep 'em coming .... not many'll have seen the inside of a rotary coupling, let alone stripped one ..... how'd you separate it .... blow it out with some air or it come apart easy enough ??
                      Thanks buddy, it's just held together with a circlip , then I tapped it apart with a rubber mallet

Comment

Ok, been busy this week putting it back together , not quite there yet,
                        I'm looking for some advice, has anyone got any tips on how to get this bolt through the spring, tightened with an Allen key. It's quite tricky.IMG_20180715_172633.jpg
                        This bolt goes on the bottom of the valve, I think to return the dozer blade.
                        I need a way to compress the spring but still get the tool in. Got me stumped at the momentIMG_20180715_172640.jpg

Comment

Hard to know what you need here ? ... have you to compress the spring against the spool rod inside a cap ?
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Hard to know what you need here ? ... have you to compress the spring against the spool rod inside a cap ?
                            Hi muz, I should have taken better pictures.

I have to compress the spring and fit a bolt through the two cup, which then goes into the spool,
                            So trying to hold it compressed while getting the bolt to bite is tricky.

Comment

Thanks buddy, it's just held together with a circlip , then I tapped it apart with a rubber mallet
                              lucky the O rings were so nadgered .... a tight one - or a bigger one, can take some separating .... they're pretty simple items really, but there's a lorra rubber bits in 'em

Comment

Hi muz, I should have taken better pictures.

I have to compress the spring and fit a bolt through the two cup, which then goes into the spool,
                                So trying to hold it compressed while getting the bolt to bite is tricky.
                                a piece of tube to compress the spring would allow you to get the hex allen key into the cap head cap bolt ..... deep socket would do perhaps and if you've a set would give you a range of sizes to play with

Comment

Working...
                                X