Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota Keys..

Hi all,

I bought a used Kubota excavator from a kubota dealer [none of your ebay rubbish]

Anyway, i have only got one key, a black one. Should i not have a red one too?? What happens if i lose the one adn only black key and i have not got a red one??

Thanks

john..

Originally posted by john87 View Post
    Hi all,

I bought a used Kubota excavator from a kubota dealer [none of your ebay rubbish]

Anyway, i have only got one key, a black one. Should i not have a red one too?? What happens if i lose the one adn only black key and i have not got a red one??

Thanks

john..
    Yes the red one is the master key and they cos a lot of £bobs innit ? Get your dealer to do his job properly and 'give' you the correct master key
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Keys..

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Yes the red one is the master key and they cos a lot of £bobs innit ? Get your dealer to do his job properly and 'give' you the correct master key
      That is what i thought.. My other half says that i bought it secondhand and so it comes "as is" but i would have thought that for nearly £16,000 [including the VAT] not fitting you out with a full set of keys is taking the piss somewhat..

I tried to contact them about the keys but my message was ignored.. Funny how they did not ignore the messages about giving them the money though..

Then there was the tracker they did not tell me about... This was terrible to sort out. Trackunit, the makers, were unbelieveably brilliant though, i will write a separate thread about them..

john..

Comment

Originally posted by john87 View Post
        That is what i thought.. My other half says that i bought it secondhand and so it comes "as is" but i would have thought that for nearly £16,000 [including the VAT] not fitting you out with a full set of keys is taking the piss somewhat..

I tried to contact them about the keys but my message was ignored.. Funny how they did not ignore the messages about giving them the money though..

Then there was the tracker they did not tell me about... This was terrible to sort out. Trackunit, the makers, were unbelieveably brilliant though, i will write a separate thread about them..

john..
        they're a dealer and MUST therefore sell 'fit for purpose', unlike a private seller ..... leave them a message to say that if they don't respond, to your satisfaction they will be dealing with trading standards next, not you, as you will be following the matter up with them.

They have a duty of care to fulfill as a bona fide trader / dealer

should wake them up
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X