ec14 blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
    Auto electrician said it looked like a regularly used size , and sent me off to see local firm that repaired hydraulic tail lifts.
    i had undone the whole solenoid and threaded section that undid from out of the hydraulic block and took something resembling a valve/switch with the solenoid on with me. the solenoid simply prized off the fitting and then slid new one on. fitted it back into hydraulic section under floor plate , then tightened up nut at the other end of solenoid once in position as it made fitting easier.
    Make didn't seem to matter , main thing was 12 volt , same internal diameter and length of inside of solenoid.one he gave me was a couple of mill short so i fitted a thick washer behind the nut so it would tighten.
    As you;ve said before.... £32 better than whole new unit for £210 !!!

Damn right ! ... theres a few threads on here relating to replacements of them, but Ive only ever used Volvo ones, so would be keen to know the make and spec of the one youve fitted, if you still had the box maybe ?

Next problem to solve , button on left side control that operates lever between swivel and altering off set , has been wrong for a time but now has stopped. is that button wired to a solenoid / switch and if so , where abouts. looked under floor pales but can't see anything ?
    Cheers Mike
    Yea .. never changed one but it will be the same idea. There can only be 3 of them, One for fast travel speed, if you have that, one for the off set, and the other is for the dead mans control which youve just changed, and IIRC that one and the double speed travel are on the same block ... possibly might be another if you have extending tracks .. I cant remember
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Damn right ! ... theres a few threads on here relating to replacements of them, but Ive only ever used Volvo ones, so would be keen to know the make and spec of the one youve fitted, if you still had the box maybe ?

Yea .. never changed one but it will be the same idea. There can only be 3 of them, One for fast travel speed, if you have that, one for the off set, and the other is for the dead mans control which youve just changed, and IIRC that one and the double speed travel are on the same block ... possibly might be another if you have extending tracks .. I cant remember
      Didnt get a box with it , just gave him 32 magic beans.... same size ,width length and internal measurement seemed main thing.

Regarding solenoids , not 2 speed or expanding tracks , so only one more to find for for offset but not found it yet.... something for this weeks challenge

Comment

Didnt get a box with it , just gave him 32 magic beans.... same size ,width length and internal measurement seemed main thing.

Regarding solenoids , not 2 speed or expanding tracks , so only one more to find for for offset but not found it yet.... something for this weeks challenge
        Solenoid is on what looks like a 6 x 2 changeover valve under the floor on the RH side as you're sat in the seat ... follow the hoses back from the boom slew ram
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Solenoid is on what looks like a 6 x 2 changeover valve under the floor on the RH side as you're sat in the seat ... follow the hoses back from the boom slew ram
          Hi , been away for a few days . will have a look on Thursday when i'll have more time . Presume if i slew cab round at 90 degrees to tracks this should/might be accessible.

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hi , been away for a few days . will have a look on Thursday when i'll have more time . Presume if i slew cab round at 90 degrees to tracks this should/might be accessible.

Cheers Mike
            easier to lift the floor i'd have thought .... doubt you'll see it from underneath ...... it's a long way back in from the front
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              easier to lift the floor i'd have thought .... doubt you'll see it from underneath ...... it's a long way back in from the front
              Didnt actually need to do any of this.
              Started by taking left side armrest cover off to look at wiring , disconnected wire from lever at a junction box. it started to rain so i plugged it back together and covered up with its sheet, rubber roofing left from a job.
              Came to it next day and " hey presto " the volvo genie had been and it had repaired itself and pressing the switch now made offset work and change back to swivel .
              Wonder if it had been a loose nconnection on the male/female connector.
              So far i've sneaked up on it half a dozen times and it still works so i'll leave it at that for the moment.

Wish it would repair itself more often !!

Comment

LUV it ... excellent news ..... you probably knocked a gremlin on the head, rummaging about in there

Comment

Working...
                X