Temperature light not coming on EC14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature light not coming on EC14

Hi, already posted on here regarding my EC14 blowing fuses .
    While looking at dashboard lights more closely while i've been searching for cure for original fuse blowing problem i noticed temp light not coming on at all.
    When i turn ignition to right , battery and oil light come on but no temp light.
    Start up and oil and battery light go out as expected.
    Disconnected temp light wire from thermo sensor , took some finding , and run it to see if this had any effect on blowing the fuses but no .... it still ran for a few minutes then blew the 7.5 amp fuse. this then cuts electric to fuel pump so it runs uneven as only pulling fuel with injector pump.

Any ideas on where or what to look at regarding temp light not coming on , had the arm cover off to look under ignition switch and other wires and it looks ok but doesnt mean it is !!

Cheers Mike

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
    Hi, already posted on here regarding my EC14 blowing fuses .
    While looking at dashboard lights more closely while i've been searching for cure for original fuse blowing problem i noticed temp light not coming on at all.
    When i turn ignition to right , battery and oil light come on but no temp light.
    Start up and oil and battery light go out as expected.
    Disconnected temp light wire from thermo sensor , took some finding , and run it to see if this had any effect on blowing the fuses but no .... it still ran for a few minutes then blew the 7.5 amp fuse. this then cuts electric to fuel pump so it runs uneven as only pulling fuel with injector pump.

Any ideas on where or what to look at regarding temp light not coming on , had the arm cover off to look under ignition switch and other wires and it looks ok but doesnt mean it is !!

Cheers Mike
    I would suspect the fuel pump as the main reason for blowing the fuse. It is not expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
      I would suspect the fuel pump as the main reason for blowing the fuse. It is not expensive.

Hi , i've already changed that. and some of wiring down there. Had it running with pump dangling on fuel pipes below digger so as to be sure of no shorting from pump to chassis . Oringinaly thought it was fuel stop solenoid so thats been changed aswell.

Could i run a positive from battery to fuel pump , then start it on key , and see if it blows fuse. At least then if pump runs ok i know thats not the problem ?

Why do you think it might be pump ?

Not sure what else runs off same fuse .

Comment

Working...
      X