Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete breaking..

Hi all,

A mate of mine has a concrete slab he wants breaking up. it is about 40 foot long and about 10 feet wide. Thickness ranges from about a foot to about three foot i suppose. It is lean concrete and there is no reinforcing in there.. What is the smallest excavator and breaker you would recommend to break it up?? Not going to use my U17, that is a fact!!

By the way, i am a properly qualified welder and i double as an electrician, so if anyone wants to know anything about welders, welding, or wiring the things in, fire away!!

john..

If its that thick I'd start with at least an 8 tonner , if the breakers decent enough, and set up right it should handle that ok in a reasonable time frame
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Concrete

Hi Muz,

Thanks for that!! Time to do it does not matter too much, but i do not want to be there for ages!! It is only a favour i would be doing so i would not be getting paid..

It was a scheme to defeat town planners!! They had an enforcement order to remove a caravan. We filled the base with concrete and said it was a prefabricated building!! They did not have time to apply for a new enforcement order!!

Now 30 years later the caravan and its brick extension are derelict and it all wants removing!!

Oh, my new toy out the back of my house!!

MND13.jpg
      MND41.jpg

john..

Comment

Working...
      X