KX121-3 lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Some were two way rockers, (depending on series) I cant remember, but the valve you mention will function either as a flow reverse, if the machine only has a single acting pedal or a return direct to tank function as Ian says. In any set up ..it is capable if biderectional flow
    Well I hope it can do bi directional flow on the foot peddle ,you have no idea how really really really upset I will be if it cant ,..
    OH BTW Muz thanks for changing the title ...

Comment

So I had a play with engine off and it feels as though there is some heel toe travel on the foot control ,I have nothing compatible with the flat face connectors so i cant try it out yet. The female flat face connector feels very stiff ,is there a trick to sliding the outer collar back cos it wont move either ,maybe just gummed up from lack of use ? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
        So I had a play with engine off and it feels as though there is some heel toe travel on the foot control ,I have nothing compatible with the flat face connectors so i cant try it out yet. The female flat face connector feels very stiff ,is there a trick to sliding the outer collar back cos it wont move either ,maybe just gummed up from lack of use ? ..
        It wont move until the inner ring is pressed upon by the male tip even then,... if its not been used for a while you may need to tap the collar to get it to slide back, (assuming you've ligned up the ball bearing with the notch first !) And of course it will never move at all if you've pressurised the line ...

BTW meant to say .. Ive a dash 3 u-50 and the Aux controls are thumb rockers on the right control stick ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

BTW meant to say .. Ive a dash 3 u-50 and the Aux controls are thumb rockers on the right control stick ?
          Wanna swap ,cash my way . Yeah I probably should have bought a Super Series but I didn't quite understand all the differences at the time ,too late now. But I guess you cant miss what you never had .
          Should be no computer and sensor issues on this mongrel anyway .

Comment

So I asked a dealer for a price on parts I need to fix some issues on this orange Lemon ,maybe someone with more experience can say if Im being ripped or not.
            Prices approx conversion according to the app I used , excluding our 10% tax as well ..
            No idea what it is in euros ? ,but you guys are brexiting arent ya ??

Kingpost bushes and pins 700 GBP
            Rubber engine mounts all four sets 349 GBP - And these are just little round donuts of rubber ,oh my ...
            Pin and bushes in dipper to boom junction 216 GBP

As the old saying goes ,you wouldnt want to build a machine from spare parts

Comment

Seems a lot for the kingpost parts, although they are large bushes alright, most aftermarket pin and bush suppliers will do complete kits for machines for much less, but then I guess maybe the metal isnt as high quality .. so .. if its a keeper its maybe worth spending the loot, ... but I think I'd be struggling to justify £700 even if I was keeping it
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Seems a lot for the kingpost parts, although they are large bushes alright, most aftermarket pin and bush suppliers will do complete kits for machines for much less, but then I guess maybe the metal isnt as high quality .. so .. if its a keeper its maybe worth spending the loot, ... but I think I'd be struggling to justify £700 even if I was keeping it
                It might be a short term learner machine Muz ,it may be just my inexperience but I find this 121 quite jerky and difficult to work the hydraulics and keep it smooth ,even tracking and turning nice and smooth is harder than I thought it should be .
                I can understand maybe the kingpost pins and bushes being a bit pricey ,but even the tiny rubber engine mount bushes are way over the top on price ,I think I might be modifying bushes from something else to do the job.
                Maybe even two sets of something like this ,pity there are no measurements mentioned
                https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ENGINE-M...8AAOSwjIVaXLx1

Comment

It might be a short term learner machine Muz ,it may be just my inexperience but I find this 121 quite jerky and difficult to work the hydraulics and keep it smooth ,even tracking and turning nice and smooth is harder than I thought it should be .
                  I can understand maybe the kingpost pins and bushes being a bit pricey ,but even the tiny rubber engine mount bushes are way over the top on price ,I think I might be modifying bushes from something else to do the job.
                  Maybe even two sets of something like this ,pity there are no measurements mentioned
                  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ENGINE-M...8AAOSwjIVaXLx1
                  The mounts didnt actually sound too bad to me .. remember, its not just a rubber mount, ... its an integral part of giving the machine a specific db noise rating ... that could be the difference between it being able to be sold in one country or not !! Not a great concern if you are out in the stix and only need it to clear a chicken shed ... but thats why they cost what they do. Nothing to stop you fitting your own in that case, but beware of this because you will have the hassle of making sure the sizes/heights/stiffness are right. Remember there are other fixed components around the engine that depend on its height ... the fan blade in its surroundings for example. Every time you strike a rock, the engine will take a knock, and if its allowed to articulate too much, it may well impinge on something, costing you money down the line .. If I were you, I'd cut some corners on the bushes yes, but not those mounts

Comment

.. If I were you, I'd cut some corners on the bushes yes, but not those mounts
                    Looks like I have to bend over for Mr Kubota then .

What is the current thinking on a full hydraulic oil change , I read that I shouldnt mix brands or oil types ,or if unknow I should do a simple mix test with old and new oil in a glass jar to see whether they physically will stay mixed together ? .
                    I have no idea whats in the tank ,I only can only follow the manafacturers guide ...

Comment

As long as the spec of oil is the same ... aws 32 or simlar .. you shouldnt have a problem .. no one knows whats in there to start with of course ? but you would assume it to be the same. In the worst case scenario, if you mix oils you get frothing which induces air and causes cavitation which is not good and fooks your control system. As long as there is no emulsification, I'd be inclined more to just do the filters

Comment

OK so the price of rebuilding the kingpost/swivel frame just got higher ,I realized that there are 6 bushes and I was only quoted for three .
                        It will likely now exceed $2000 AUD if I use OEM Kubota parts(haven't asked prices yet ) ,Messics in the US with cheaper parts wont ship their parts here citing Kubota enforcing a ban on it .

Comment

OK so the price of rebuilding the kingpost/swivel frame just got higher ,I realized that there are 6 bushes and I was only quoted for three .
                          It will likely now exceed $2000 AUD if I use OEM Kubota parts(haven't asked prices yet ) ,Messics in the US with cheaper parts wont ship their parts here citing Kubota enforcing a ban on it .
                          got any mates in the states to buy them for you ??
                          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

There must be a local outfit who will make bushes ? Theres at least half a dozen in the UK that would make them ... saving me going to Kubota .. as I said earlier .. some things you need to get from the manufacturer .. but bushes are not in that league IMO

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                              got any mates in the states to buy them for you ??
                              Nope ,but it makes a holiday attractive ,it shouldn't bother the metal detectors at the airport that much .

There must be a local outfit who will make bushes ? Theres at least half a dozen in the UK that would make them ... saving me going to Kubota .. as I said earlier .. some things you need to get from the manufacturer .. but bushes are not in that league IMO
                              Would you believe I have two sons with qualifications that should be more than capable ,one has his own lathe just recently fitted in his shed ,I thought at around $1000AUD+ it wasn't worth worrying about ,but at $2000AUD + that's a very different kettle of fish .
                              What grade of steel would one recommend for the pins and bushes? ,4140 or something else ?
                              The two bushes on the machine side of the swivel frame might be worn the worst ,seems like a poor design having four bushes on one half of the frame ,but only two on the other side with the same load on both I presume .

Comment

Working...
                              X