KX121-3 lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KX121-3 lots of questions

Ok so a Kubota 121-3 found its way to my place ,its supposed to be a 2007 with about 2700 hours on it ,not sure I believe any of that given its condition.
    So anyway the pivot pins and bushes on the king post have a fair bit of play and need to be replaced ,question is do they come out reasonably easy or are barstools ?

Trust you to buy a worn out pile of junk .
    It will depend if all 3 pin contact points are bushed .if not and wear is bad may need lineboring and bushing ,which does not come cheap

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Trust you to buy a worn out pile of junk .
      It will depend if all 3 pin contact points are bushed .if not and wear is bad may need lineboring and bushing ,which does not come cheap
      Yep it looks like I'm a scrap collector .
      Hopefully there are bushes in there ,supposed to be anyway but its starting to look like the last owner might have been a butcher not a machine operator.
      This link doesn't go quite where it was supposed to ,its not a super series either .
      https://www.messicks.com/ku/85162

Last edited by Wazza; 05-08-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Maybe this link might be closer .
        https://www.messicks.com/ku/85162?se...agramId=346005

Comment

They are bushed IIRC
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            They are bushed IIRC
            Hopefully they havent worn through the bush , I suppose the question is are the bushes able to be to knocked out with a big hammer and drift bar ?.
            A ring of weld to shrink them perhaps.
            Sorting one issue at a time I guess ,it has a few others .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
              Hopefully they havent worn through the bush , I suppose the question is are the bushes able to be to knocked out with a big hammer and drift bar ?.
              A ring of weld to shrink them perhaps.
              Sorting one issue at a time I guess ,it has a few others .
              Burner would be the quickest, they will be pretty solid in there, and a fair size to drift out, unless you have a puller.
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Burner would be the quickest, they will be pretty solid in there, and a fair size to drift out, unless you have a puller.
                Wazza is a farmer .
                Toolbox is baling twine ,number 8 gauge wire and a hammer with a broken handle .
                O and a 12 inch shifting spanner

Comment

Wazza is a farmer .
                  Toolbox is baling twine ,number 8 gauge wire and a hammer with a broken handle .
                  O and a 12 inch shifting spanner
                  Did ya not see the duct tape underneath the string ?

Comment

Well most farmers I know have access to a burner .. but yes.... use string for everything else .. Hey thats where I learned to weld .. if you can lay down a stick joint through shit on an old dung spreader without prep, you can weld anything

Comment

Well most farmers I know have access to a burner .. but yes.... use string for everything else
                      I have access to gas but I was thinking of using a plasma cutter or lazer. BTW string is only for emergencies, now progressive farmers use Zipties wire and duct tape .

Comment

Another question for the brains trust , Re the plumbing on this machine for attachments like hammers ect on the dipper ,are the valves two way so they can operate augers and thumbs ect .
                        Its not the super series just the plain old basic uncomputerised 121-3 with the foot operated peddle control ..

Comment

I guess check if the pedal works in both directions {Heel and toe } If it is 2 way , there should be a valve somewhere that sends return oil direct to the tank .if this valve is set to tank , you will only get one way ,anyway .

Comment

I guess check if the pedal works in both directions {Heel and toe } If it is 2 way , there should be a valve somewhere that sends return oil direct to the tank .if this valve is set to tank , you will only get one way ,anyway .
                            Yeah I should have tried that first ,probably with the engine off so as not to stress the plumbing pumping into a dead end.
                            There is an unlabled tap above the valve block under the right hand cover, would this likely be the diverter to tank ? .
                            Don't think I need a breaker yet but two way oil flow for other things is a must .
                            Every bloody thing I see online is for the SS 121 ,is the universe trying to tell me something ...
                            Probably need Muz to change the thread title to "KX121-3 lots of questions" ...
                            Last edited by Wazza; 12-08-2018, 08:50 AM. Reason: Additions

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                              Yeah I should have tried that first ,probably with the engine off so as not to stress the plumbing pumping into a dead end.
                              There is an unlabled tap above the valve block under the right hand cover, would this likely be the diverter to tank ? .
                              Don't think I need a breaker yet but two way oil flow for other things is a must .
                              Every bloody thing I see online is for the SS 121 ,is the universe trying to tell me something ...
                              Probably need Muz to change the thread title to "KX121-3 lots of questions" ...
                              Some were two way rockers, (depending on series) I cant remember, but the valve you mention will function either as a flow reverse, if the machine only has a single acting pedal or a return direct to tank function as Ian says. In any set up ..it is capable if biderectional flow

Comment

Working...
                              X