powerfab 1250 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerfab 1250 engine swap

I have a 80s powerfab 1250 360% digger with a honda GX340 petrol engine, I would to fit a diesel engine in it but I don't know what end the crank shft has nor what engine would be best, single cylinder I was thinking air cooled any sugestions.

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
    I have a 80s powerfab 1250 360% digger with a honda GX340 petrol engine, I would to fit a diesel engine in it but I don't know what end the crank shft has nor what engine would be best, single cylinder I was thinking air cooled any sugestions.
    No but I have a question .... why ? ... you can't polish a turd
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Yes you can, put it in the freezer for 2 days, get it out and it will polish, dont take to long about it or you will be back at sqare one.
      The reason is I want it for work in my garden and I like them.
      I have 2 other diggers a volvo ec15b 2005 now that is a pile of shite in 10 month nerver dug a hole and currantly having a new engine fitted, IHI 7gx works all day but weak as a kitten compared to the powerfab and the same size, but basicly I like the powerfab

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
        Yes you can, put it in the freezer for 2 days, get it out and it will polish, dont take to long about it or you will be back at sqare one.
        The reason is I want it for work in my garden and I like them.
        I have 2 other diggers a volvo ec15b 2005 now that is a pile of shite in 10 month nerver dug a hole and currantly having a new engine fitted, IHI 7gx works all day but weak as a kitten compared to the powerfab and the same size, but basicly I like the powerfab
        What about the engine speeds , would have thought the petrol would run a lot faster than the diesel . If so what effect will it have on oil pump ?
        Just thought i'd throw that in as something else to consider !!

Comment

it is doing about 2500 rpm with the honda engine, so similar to diesel, it is the shaft shape and size I am concerned about

Comment

The Honda has a variety of shafts available strait, taper or threaded.
            You will need to measure the shaft and see if strait or taper ( the most common Options)
            The strait shaft is 1" diameter with a 7/16-20 UNF thread in the end.
            Two tapers available 2 1/4" per foot and 1in5.
            There are several small diesel engines out there that would fit in.
            Regards Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              JCB managed it

can't polish a turd but ya can roll it in glitter .jpg
              well they rolled it in glitter anyway
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
              X