Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 801 help please

Good evening

i have just purchased a 1990 JCB 801 for a building project at my house.

does anyone know where I can purchase a workshop and operators manual?

i also need to know how to check the hydraulic oil level/ also the digging arm isn’t square to the body, which I believe is operated by the heel control however this appears seized! How do I access this as it’s under the seat

any help greatly received

Originally posted by Andyb1375 View Post
    the digging arm isn’t square to the body, which I believe is operated by the heel control however this appears seized! How do I access this as it’s under the seat

any help greatly received
    Lift up the floor plates and have a look for linkages fouled and obstructed by debris // welcome also
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz, thanks for reply. Floor plate removed. Nothing fouling the foot lever. It appears seized, but it’s under the seat assembly and can’t see how to remove it to free it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyb1375 View Post
        Muz, thanks for reply. Floor plate removed. Nothing fouling the foot lever. It appears seized, but it’s under the seat assembly and can’t see how to remove it to free it off.
        So, it must go through a series of joints or pivots to allow it to connect to the spool on the valve block, can you trace the connecting rods and get some wd40 onto any pivots where it will most likely be seized ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          So, it must go through a series of joints or pivots to allow it to connect to the spool on the valve block, can you trace the connecting rods and get some wd40 onto any pivots where it will most likely be seized ?
          yep I can see it but can’t get it off to allow soaking in WD40.
          i wonder if the cab has to be lifted off..

was as hoping someone has a manual

Comment

Well .. us 'plant men' have to start getting inventive in the face of obstacles, can you make a small runway and allow some oil to tricle down to the parts you cant access ? Is the pedal seized solid ? Perhaps post a pic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Well .. us 'plant men' have to start getting inventive in the face of obstacles, can you make a small runway and allow some oil to tricle down to the parts you cant access ? Is the pedal seized solid ? Perhaps post a pic ?
              Yep the pedal is solid. I will post a picture in the morning.I am told the heel pedal should tip side to side

Comment

0F473CB3-BC33-4841-BDE8-8650FA88B1B1.jpg48A6C42F-CAF4-4845-8618-64468C37BFED.jpg

Comment

Whats that object ? the orbital valve head ? I see the pedal pivot behind it, hard to tell how it functions from the photo but it looks like a job for the blow torch to free that up, get it cherry red

Comment

I will try that...any idea
                    where I could find a workshop manual?

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                      I'm guessing that the nut in the middle of the pic (vertically on right of first pic) is the pivot point, before you go any further, can you detach the linkage further down the line, to test that the swing ram is still operating?
                      I have a 95 801.4, and a manual, if you PM me your email I will bump it along to you. It may not be the right manual for your model but some of the basics shouold be similar. Mine has the swing operated by a toe pedal for the left foot, at the front of the floor plate. And it is cable, not rod's.

Comment

PM sent..Thanks in advance

i just cant see how to remove it. So will get a blow torch on to it tomorrow

Comment

Check your email, I have sent you a copy of the manual.

Comment

Top man. Thank you

Comment

My pedal was solid too a good whack with a lump hammer and some wd did the trick still stiff but rarely use it

Comment

Working...
                              X