Kubota KX-41 (H) Boom Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Ok.. did you do the ram drop test then ?

No not as yet, I just thought I would get the seals anyway, I will try the drop test most likely before stripping down but because the problem is intermittent not too sure how successful it would be.....

I also hope to have the machine running when the issue is present just to double check that the boom height/position holds when boom control is returned to the neutral position, if not, for me, (please correct me if I am wrong) seems to point away from the ram itself and instead fluid bypassing somewhere else....

Thanks for your time Muz

Comment

Ok, so I managed to find time to run machine again, not to work on but to satisfy myself whether this intermittent boom raising problem would (whilst fault present) hold position when letting control go neutral….it does not hold position and drops pretty quickly, then I move control to raise and boom struggles at a slow pace until it corrects.....

Now, to my understanding (not necessarily correct), that the neutral position should hold the ram even if ram seals are faulty.....like a safety feature and for the fact that the rod entering the ram is adding to the volume of the ram/hydraulic system which is impossible if fluid is not letting by somewhere else in the system...

Should I now be focusing at the spool side of things?

Thanks, all thoughts greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible-Man View Post
        to my understanding (not necessarily correct), that the neutral position should hold the ram even if ram seals are faulty.....like a safety feature and for the fact that the rod entering the ram is adding to the volume of the ram/hydraulic system which is impossible if fluid is not letting by somewhere else in the system...
        No .. if the boom is lifted and oil bypasses the seals inside the case it will still creep down
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well I finally got round to changing all seals in the boom ram.....

It seems to be working fine but only time will tell if this has really solved the problem as is an intermittent fault,

The machine does not get used that often (only at own property) and can take an hour or two for the fault to occur, therefore it will most likely be next spring before I will know for sure.....

Thanks for all the helpful advice and will write back when I can be definite one way or the other if problem solved, fingers crossed !!!

Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
          X