Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC Buckets..

Hi All,

Just thought i would mention that last week i went to BMC Buckets in Chepstow and i bought a quick hitch off them.

At the same time i had a tour of their works. Well, i am a properly qualified welder, C+G 229, parts 2, and 3, and also C+G 219 "welding and fabrication inspection and quality control" and i can tell you that the work they do is absolutely the best, seemed very reasonably priced too!!

They are great people to deal with, and so if anyone wants a bucket, then BMC is the place to go..

I was well pleased..

john..

preaching to the converted mate .... good lads at BMC and great products at good prices

those numbers you're quoting ASME or BS codings ?? ... seem a bit of both .... sure ain't 4872
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      preaching to the converted mate .... good lads at BMC and great products at good prices

those numbers you're quoting ASME or BS codings ?? ... seem a bit of both .... sure ain't 4872
      Ahh, you been there done that then!! The numbers are my C+G exams. Welding qualifications come in two sorts. Craft education i suppose you could call it, then what you could loosely call craft practice, which is the BS 4872/4871, ASME IX, BSEN 287/288 or what ever they call it now!!

We, [and you it seems!!] did loads of test pieces for the C+G exams too. They were all BS4872..

Funnily enough, i just fitted the thing a few hours ago.. When i say a perfect fit.... You could not get more perfect.. Where is fits on the end of the dipper arm and the bucket link i think it is called, PERFECT sliding fit. You would not get any shim in there at all, you would not get a .002 feeler in there. Likewise, the pins are a perfect push fit.. They must ream the holes of something..

WELL WELL pleased... FAR better than the sprung sort i did have, this one is the screw it up sort.

Possibly the best £440 i have ever spent..

john..

Comment

Originally posted by john87 View Post
        Ahh, you been there done that then!! The numbers are my C+G exams. Welding qualifications come in two sorts. Craft education i suppose you could call it, then what you could loosely call craft practice, which is the BS 4872/4871, ASME IX, BSEN 287/288 or what ever they call it now!!

We, [and you it seems!!] did loads of test pieces for the C+G exams too. They were all BS4872..

Funnily enough, i just fitted the thing a few hours ago.. When i say a perfect fit.... You could not get more perfect.. Where is fits on the end of the dipper arm and the bucket link i think it is called, PERFECT sliding fit. You would not get any shim in there at all, you would not get a .002 feeler in there. Likewise, the pins are a perfect push fit.. They must ream the holes of something..

WELL WELL pleased... FAR better than the sprung sort i did have, this one is the screw it up sort.

Possibly the best £440 i have ever spent..

john..
        Gotcha ..... City & Guilds numbers ..... more familiar with the BS4872 / ASME IX numbering .... and yeh, done my share

The BMC boys do produce some nice kit ..... the old sprung quicky's OK 'til the springs get tired .... the screw closed are a good grip, but a bitch to undo if dogged too tight and given grief ..... cures any rattles though
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X