More Isuzu D max aircon trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Isuzu D max aircon trouble

So I changed my silver Dmax to this Arctic special edition just over a year ago

IMG_0015[1].jpg

Its the last of the 2.5 twin turbo models .. now they only do 1.9's ?... WTF and there was no way I was having one of them. The Arctic is a pumped up Dmax, higher platform, bigger tyres reworked suspension,flared wheel arches , special leather inside etc .. infact I'm 6'3" and can't see over the top of it

But guess what .... same old aircon trouble as I posted about with my last one.

The pump, the tensioning idler and the v notch on the crankshaft do not line up, so it keeps flipping belts .. check this ...

IMG_0016[1].jpg
    Heres the tensioning idler .. all looks good

IMG_0017[1].jpg

And heres the belt running in the pulley on the A/c pump

And here .....

IMG_0020[1].jpg

is the crankshaft that drives it ... you can see the belt has managed to reverse its self .. flipped onto its back and is running on the flat section of the crank pulley instead of in the V

I couldnt make it do that if I tried ?

The thing is .. its stayed there because its now perfectly aligned ... .. normally it just chucks the belt off.

Dealer solution ? fit another belt ... why cant they see the obvious?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

can you space the pump and idler out to align Muz ...... bloody miracle the way that's sat on the crank pulley and is contorting itself as it runs
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      can you space the pump and idler out to align Muz ...... bloody miracle the way that's sat on the crank pulley and is contorting itself as it runs
      That would be the answer, or more simply fit a crank pulley with the vee in the correct position ... But it's under warranty..... 4 years left the thing is.. from the dealers response ....Isuzu don't want to know about it , and now having had two that have done the exact same thing, 3 years apart .. I cant believe there hasn't been a mod for this ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        That would be the answer, or more simply fit a crank pulley with the vee in the correct position ... But it's under warranty..... 4 years left the thing is.. from the dealers response ....Isuzu don't want to know about it , and now having had two that have done the exact same thing, 3 years apart .. I cant believe there hasn't been a mod for this ?
        I'd be giving them hell about it .... not fit for purpose, faulty goods, etc., etc. .....
        hard to believe a manufacturer could get it THAT wrong, initially and the then do **** all about it 3 years down the line
        you can't trust that, to use daily
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

I'd be giving them hell about it .... not fit for purpose, faulty goods, etc., etc. .....
          Well I registered my issue on the Suzie web site, who emailed back to say they will pass it onto the dealer, so , rather than go round in circles, I called Isuzu who said ... you've guessed it .. call your dealer didnt they think I'd already done that ? .. soo back to the dealer I have gone .... we'll wait and see what happens next. Ive given this dealer a good bit of loyalty over the years, we'll see what happens next

I refuse to let the dealer just slap on another belt, when its plain to see that is unlikely to cure the issue and will just have me trotting back and forth to the dealership every so often for another sticking plaster , which causes loads of inconvenience .. this problem needs FIXED ! properly.

Comment

Well I registered my issue on the Suzie web site, who emailed back to say they will pass it onto the dealer, so , rather than go round in circles, I called Isuzu who said ... you've guessed it .. call your dealer didnt they think I'd already done that ? .. soo back to the dealer I have gone .... we'll wait and see what happens next. Ive given this dealer a good bit of loyalty over the years, we'll see what happens next

I refuse to let the dealer just slap on another belt, when its plain to see that is unlikely to cure the issue and will just have me trotting back and forth to the dealership every so often for another sticking plaster , which causes loads of inconvenience .. this problem needs FIXED ! properly.
            absolutely
            not something as simple as the pump mounted the wrong side of the bracket ??

any other instances of this issue on any forums/pages/blogs/etc. on the net Muz ??

Comment

absolutely
              not something as simple as the pump mounted the wrong side of the bracket ??

any other instances of this issue on any forums/pages/blogs/etc. on the net Muz ??
              No .. the tensioner and pump seem to align as far as I can see .. its the crank pulley thats out. That said .. just cos of where the belt has settled doesent mean that .. its really hard to see what the alignment is with all the other pipes and hoses in the way . The tensioner and pump are the afterfit items , so if anything its them thats wrong , or they are mounted at an angle that throws the alignment out.

And no .. there seems precious little about this elsewhere on the internet So on the first instance with the first Dmax I thought I was the only one ? ,... but after the second ? naw .. somthings up surely ?

Comment

Well Ive waited a month or so ... they just replaced the tensioner pulley again for the second time .. and its running fine this time after the last fail ? ... I think theres witchcraft here

Comment

If it fails again Muz is it possible to have your lawyer write a little letter to Isuzu demanding a proper repair? It doesn't take much to take things out of alignment with a belt drive.

Comment

Well Ive waited a month or so ... they just replaced the tensioner pulley again for the second time .. and its running fine this time after the last fail ? ... I think theres witchcraft here
                    what you been riding the bus Muz??? A month FFS did you mark the tensioner bracketry ??

Comment

did you mark the tensioner bracketry ??
                      Fecking no ! .. shoulda done too trusting I am

Comment

Fecking no ! .. shoulda done too trusting I am
                        does it look new ? if they've fixed the problem, " all's well that ends well " ..... but annoying all the same

Comment

Working...
                        X