No announcement yet.

Hanix 15b-2: Strange Tracking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druid there is a pto lever for open and close near the main valve block....I've tried both open and close positions it doesn't seem to do much.
    Assuming this is just sort of ball valve but no idea what it's meant to do !! 🤔

Comment

Mmm looked at hydraulic diagram druid looks like it's solenoids that control the PTO flow...however not sure why this would not be covered by the P1 relief valve which seems to work as expected.

I'm a bit stuck now 🤔..I'll check these solenoids with multimeter next make sure they are both working.

Thanks!

Comment

Ignore the last post....was looking at previous models schematic this one is version two so no solenoid but no relief valve either...only the main relief P1.

Comment

Tried to upload the hydraulic schematic i cant work out what the pto flow is telling me...never seen those funny squiggly lines before anyone any ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
            Druid there is a pto lever for open and close near the main valve block....I've tried both open and close positions it doesn't seem to do much.
            Assuming this is just sort of ball valve but no idea what it's meant to do !! .......

........"Also forgot to mention i have a PTO pedal if i press this with nothing attached it hits 150 bar and then the engine stalls out similar to the drive problem...may be red herring but thought i'd mention."🤔

so does this "PTO" have any effect or not
            you have two contradictory posts about it .... or are you talking about two different things
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Ha sorry D just read that back to myself very confusing:)

To clarify...when I press the PTO engage pedal it causes the stall.

Under the seat in the cabin there is also a pto open close lever which doesn't seem to have any effect on anything. I read a hanix sales brochure last night which suggests its for quick changing of attachments if that makes any sense.

In the hydraulics schematic I can see this lever (two hollow arrows) seems to be connected directly to hydraulic tank.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                Ha sorry D just read that back to myself very confusing:)

To clarify...when I press the PTO engage pedal it causes the stall.

Under the seat in the cabin there is also a pto open close lever which doesn't seem to have any effect on anything. I read a hanix sales brochure last night which suggests its for quick changing of attachments if that makes any sense.

In the hydraulics schematic I can see this lever (two hollow arrows) seems to be connected directly to hydraulic tank.
                Free return to tank ... or a pressure release to tank to drop line pressure to make QC coupling/uncoupling easier.

As for the pedal .... is it one way operation? Probably/possibly a breaker line?
                MRV shouldn't allow it to stall the motor though, if dead ended??
                is the MRV working? will dead ending any service stall the motor?
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Pedal is two way...only other services that cause stall is drive when I use both drive sticks.
                  On the valve block the PTO valve is between left drive and right drive wonder if related.

Also when I press pto pedal towards me relief kicks in instantly can hear the hiss...only when pushing pedal away it stalls.
                  There is a pipe installed for attatchments on the arm.

Comment

Theres too many things not making sense here, you are going to have to post some pics for us to see the types of switches and valves you are talking about so we are clear about the descriptions you are giving. As has been said a couple of times, the relief valves job (all three usually) is to blow off 'before' the engine gets killed, so if a cylinder or service gets dead ended, it kicks in to allow oil back to tank internally in the block or via a route next to where the relief is placed. If this isnt happening, either the relief is faulty or not adjusted correctly, or connected to the system incorrectly via faulty hosing ... that is as simple as it is .... frustratingly easy though it may be able to say, it usually isnt any more complex than that, and especially on a smaller machine such as yours, they are normally fairly simple. I'm not clear what it is you refer to as a 'PTO' for starters
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks guys will post some photos which will hopefully make life easier when explaining.

Might even post you a video :)

I really hope all that's wrong is a dodgy setting or hose somewhere!!

Comment

OK .. that would help .. if its a vid .. you'll need to upload to vimeo or youtube then link ,... they will allow you to do that free.

For reference PTO normally refers to a tractor or general gear box 'power take off' which is a gear based drive and shaft system. A digger doesent have this, the breaker (aux) circuit is referred to as an auxiliary service, which confusingly tractors also have , or spools as they are usually referred to in this case.

The function to control the tracks is just a service. Normally its the two levers only , but if so equipped , you will have a double speed travel function, which is usually a switch or button somewhere, or a foot pedal, but it is a secondary part of the same circuit, and not a different service as such. Usually it will increase the flow to the track motor, to increase its speed. Most track motors are single geared epicyclic reduction hubs driven by piston motors or similar that have no gears for speed increase

I havent got to this point yet as we havent established some of the other facts but sometimes a test guage is not enough to determine a problem, you also need a flow meter to establish a rate of litres per minute of flow that the motor requires to function at the correct speed, but that isnt the issue here clearly. I still think someone has messed with your hoses, or theres a component problem.
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                          Theres too many things not making sense here, ........ I'm not clear what it is you refer to as a 'PTO' for starters

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            OK .. .....For reference PTO normally refers to a tractor or general gear box 'power take off' which is a gear based drive and shaft system. A digger doesent have this, the breaker (aux) circuit is referred to as an auxiliary service, which confusingly tractors also have , or spools as they are usually referred to in this case............. I still think someone has messed with your hoses, or theres a component problem.
                            yeh i'm a tad confused about some of the terminology too ...... pix'd be great

Comment

Ok guys some photos to hopefully clarify 'PTO'...I do think this is just for a breaker.

PTO Pedal that causes the stall.

The PTO lever under the seat

Hoping you can see where I was getting my PTO terminology from

What I think PTO controls
                              pto_pipe_small.jpg

(I did notice today this draws from pumps P1 and P2 up to the relief valve setting and then instant stall, exact same behavior as the drive stall when I use the two drive levers)

I'll try get a video done tomorrow so you can see this in action.

Thanks!

Comment

pto_pedal.jpgpto_swtch.jpg

Images for previous thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X