EC 15 Fuel guage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC 15 Fuel guage problem

A good rule of thumb is always to check the simple stuff first .. seems obvious, but often we all dive in at a half complicated level without checking the basics. Fixing this fault was a good example of this mantra, and , I wish some more faults were as easy fixed
    Float trouble !

IMG_0042[1].jpg

This wee ball clips onto the wire that is attached to the rheostat unit on the sender, somehow its got filled with diesel, despite no apparent leaks ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    A good rule of thumb is always to check the simple stuff first .. seems obvious, but often we all dive in at a half complicated level without checking the basics. Fixing this fault was a good example of this mantra, and , I wish some more faults were as easy fixed
    Float trouble !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4251[/ATTACH]

This wee ball clips onto the wire that is attached to the rheostat unit on the sender, somehow its got filled with diesel, despite no apparent leaks ?
    stick it in a pan of boiling water Muz ..... you'll soon see where the leaks is, but get it out the water once found, to avoid it sucking in more fluid .... when you know where it is ... let it cool ... then boil it again with the leak down-wards and it'll expand some of the diesel out ...... repeat until all the fluid is out .... then seal the hole with a hot needle or similar
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      stick it in a pan of boiling water Muz ..... you'll soon see where the leaks is, but get it out the water once found, to avoid it sucking in more fluid .... when you know where it is ... let it cool ... then boil it again with the leak down-wards and it'll expand some of the diesel out ...... repeat until all the fluid is out .... then seal the hole with a hot needle or similar
      Hell ... I'm in the mood just to kick the wee fooker out of the park
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X