Best 4x4 for Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 4x4 for Towing

Any of you learned types tow anything :?: .. and if so how heavy and what motor do you rate the best..
    I Pull for a living

Re: Best 4x4 for Towing

I use a Navarra but I know it doesnt pull anything over 2 tonne .. but its a nice enough motor 10K service intervals and all that ;)

Comment

I tow a fair bit with Daihatsu Fourtrak, but they dont make em any more, but its a good old rig, and pulls the full 3.5 tonne no bother, infact I've had 4.5 behind it once :o , and erm you had to watch incase it overheated

Comment

Was looking at a Mitsubishi the other day but they only do em in SWB and it looks a bit Pokey
        I Pull for a living

Comment

I'm bias to the langer rover......................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

In the bad old days ,I used to use a 1969 toyota landcruiser and a tandem trailer to move my Mustang 440 skidsteer loader . Freewheeling hubs engaged ,just incase i needed low range , as in 69 cruisers only had 3 speed boxs in them ..2and 1/2 ton of bobcat , two 44s of fuel 12 gallons of hydraulic oil spare tyres tools etc . Now i got smart and got trucks . Ian .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              I'm bias to the langer rover......................
              A what ?
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                A what ?
                ARR to be sure ,to be sure , obviously not up on your Irish , or stocks version of Irish . Langer , take the ger off and add a d , what do you get . Ian .

Comment

flint 671.jpgflint 061.jpgflint 089.jpg

The best 4 x 4 x far has to be ........................................UNIMOG what a tool red diesel, free road fund licensee, 56 mph easily will tow what ever you can put behind it went on a land fill site to pull a 8 wheeler skip wagon of but had a tractor c/w bowser already chained to him, also stuck backed up the moggy to the front of the tractor hooked up me heavy chain put in cross locks and front and rear diff locks and eased the pair out nice steady pull (not the go for it spin the wheels and get me self stuck by digging wheel holes)

ho did i mention i also had 4 tonnes of ballast on board
                  Last edited by Muz; 26-02-2011, 11:29 PM. Reason: mogs personal stylist
                  If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

This site is confusing the feck out of me

all me pictures were all lined up nicely untill i posted them
                    If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
                      This site is confusing the feck out of me

all me pictures were all lined up nicely untill i posted them
                      The new VB 4 stuff is a bit different and takes a bit of getting used to but comprehensive all the same .. sure someone will be along and square it for you

Plus .. if it dont come out right .. its really easy to just go back and edit it .. click and drag stuff the way you want it .. all IMVHO ofcourse cos Ive never used many pics

Comment

I use a GMC 2500HD with a Duramax diesel (Isuzu). An Alison 5 sp auto and a gooseneck trailer (14K). The truck is rated at 9200 GVW. I could tow a 22K GN, but then there are some liscensing issues, so the rig I have is good enough. Picture shows a rented Bobcat trailer.
                        misc 2005 021.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                          I tow a fair bit with Daihatsu Fourtrak,
                          I was driving one of these the other day, it was like something out of Mad Max with the amount of stuff the guy had hanging off it ..... now dont get me wrong it was well good off road , but you had to wear your deoderant and me being a plant man too

Comment

I do ALOT of towing with my Transit tipper! She pulls well and I have pulled a lot of varied loads with it including shunting a catering van in the Ballater games park that weights 4.5 tons!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                              weights 4.5 tons!!
                              Cough .... cough ... in the voice of a traffic cop .." Do you know why Ive stopped you sir ?" .......
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                              X