Best 4x4 for Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Cough .... cough ... in the voice of a traffic cop .." Do you know why Ive stopped you sir ?" .......
    I was never on the road with it I just had to revese it into the space it was going in as thee was not any room for th 7.5 tonner that took it into the park. It was really well balance and I couldn't really tell it was 4.5 tons in weight.

Comment

i use a standard discovery diesel auto but biggest i tow is a 3 axle ifor williams, i had a 6 ton (carrying) dumper on it no problem and er.... sort of off road i had it loaded with a 4.5 ton timber pack, made it a bit light front end above 30 ..... by the way is a "Gooseneck" same as a 5th wheel coupling ?

Comment

No it's not at least not on this side of the pond. My father in law has a goose neck trailer for the farm and instead of a fifth wheel hitch it uses a ball mounted on a plate in the back of his old diesel Ford truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          No it's not at least not on this side of the pond. My father in law has a goose neck trailer for the farm and instead of a fifth wheel hitch it uses a ball mounted on a plate in the back of his old diesel Ford truck.

Right...i think, so is it like a ball tow hitch 2"/50mm like you would get behind a car etc., only mounted high with the gooseneck shaped bit that drops onto it ?

Comment

This is a Gooseneck trailer like Bert is talking about . The ball is a fair bit larger than a standard tow ball .
            http://www.google.com.au/search?q=go...iw=989&bih=402

Comment

Working...
            X