Internet speeds what do you get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet speeds what do you get ?

I think my ISP is trolleyed .. I cant get more than about 2Meg and I live close to a town .. what do you guys get and where ?
    Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

OHHHH 2megs makes me drool ,I'm having trouble getting 1.5 meg and its usually a lot slower ,sometimes I have to manually push the data down the line ..

But I'm well South of the black stump and slightly East of Timbucktoo ..:wub: ....So no real comparison to your speed ...

Comment

Mine

speed.JPG
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

see how smart i am at this stuff .http://
        Shit look at that ,It worked No idea what it means

Comment

Ispeed.JPG

Comment

So What does that mean ???? .Mine that i think is crap is better than yours ?

Comment

your twice as fast on down load, my upload is faster barely, and my ping is faster (the server I signalled my be closer)

Comment

My work one is a bout the same Frank .. and is reasonably stable I'll check my home one tonight

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  My work one is a bout the same Frank .. and is reasonably stable I'll check my home one tonight

Where is that from mate ? Is it in London ?
                  Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
                    Where is that from mate ? Is it in London ?
                    No I'm in Glasgow .. Zen uses that hub as its main node .. I'll just do a home one now .. I use Zen here too

brb ..

here ya go

Hmm .. Ive had up to 12 Meg before from here as I'm quite close to an exchange .. pretty shit TBH cos its costing me a few bob .. probably cos we have overhead lines .. would be well different if we had fibre optic
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

OK so we have established top speeds but how much does you speed vary depending on the time of day ,network congestion ect ,and when your speed drops and you complain what response do you get .I get oh it could be your hardware ,modem ,computer ,line filter ,other devices on the line ,but never their fault.....

Here is one of my slower ones but not my slowest ever recorded ,and notice the upload is twice as fast as the download. .Its usually on a weekend ..

Ps all I'm asking is a meager 1.5mbs -just down the road they get 20+ mbs........
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bloody hell wazza , thats getting into carrier pidgeon speed.

Comment

Never seen a pigeon that slow yet unless it was dead ................Obviously I don't rate the ISP highly :angry:

Comment

So , is telstra any better ?

Comment

Well they own the network and I'm sure their customers get network priority and I get bumped ............

Comment

Working...
                              X