Patching up your kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching up your kit

Just wondering what some of you fellas do when you need to tidy up your gear paint wise , do you just get a tin of laquer and brush on .. do you do sections, or do you take panels off where possible and go for a respray ?

Some kit Ive bought over the years has bloody awfull paint work .. Thwaites dumpers were terrible for it .. anyway .. your views ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I guess i will get to find out at Xmas time .Silk purse out of a pigs ear time for the JCB 8080 . Not into brushes ,so spraygun will be the way to go .

Comment

I just use a brush, bit I stick to the manufacturers paint. Its much more expensive, but it seems to bond better and lasts a lot longer, especially if you are hitting it with a steam cleaner from time to time
      Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

tend to stick to manufacturers own paint and spray it on, the way i do it is use a grinder with a flap disk to get the bad bits off. then spray it with an undercoat something along the lines of red lead.. then if it turns out ok spary the base coat and then the top coat.
        hope this helps

Comment

I dont put a mark on my machines, im too careful...

...yeah right.

Comment

Working...
          X