Tax advantage on buying new kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax advantage on buying new kit

Was advised the other day that .. for plant hirers there are quite big allowances against tax that were not previously available and were only available to contractors and the like .. I have some figures in mind for a purchase, but can anyone firm up on the actual scales that have been allowed / ......... suggested by our accountant was.. something like a straight 25% write off in the first year which is more than hirers were usually allowed

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Was advised the other day that .. for plant hirers there are quite big allowances against tax that were not previously available and were only available to contractors and the like .. I have some figures in mind for a purchase, but can anyone firm up on the actual scales that have been allowed / ......... suggested by our accountant was.. something like a straight 25% write off in the first year which is more than hirers were usually allowed
    Just been advised by my accountants in scotland that the rules have all changed again I'll try and post up when I get some more clarification , I just dont understand why all this stuff has to be so complicated.

Comment

I can't be of much help as the decaying head of this country is only interested in squeezing more tax out of us to waste with higher wages on the civil/ public service.

Here is a job to help students enjoy their experience a university....................... look at the wage packet. Bear in mind this is not an academic position.......

http://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/ad...164714-en.html
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
      X