Progress On The House Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress On The House Site

It has been a while since I last posted some pics of the house site. We have poured the foundation walls and have stripped the forms. We have left the garage area unexcavated so the steel delivery truck/crane can get close to the main foundation to land the steel beams and columns. They were supposed to show up today, but the crane blew a water pump and the delivery has been rescheduled for next Tuesday. I spent the last couple of days waterproofing the walls that need to be backfilled for the garage foundation. In the meantime, here are some photos from the main foundation pour.
    Attached Files

So Bruce , What sort of floor goes on top ?
    That is if it actually is your house, Could be the neigbhours place your photographing .

Comment

What are you using to seal the walls? is there a drain on the exterior of the wall? Do you place a drip membrane against the exterior of the walls?
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Looks great Bruce ,is that a swimming pool or a basement ??

Comment

Its a bit small isnt it b4d? Hahaha

I assume lots of bay windows, timber frame construction and block and beam floors?

Comment

I still think you need to fire up the chainsaw ,it looks very shaded in there and the solar panels and wind generator wont work

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
              I still think you need to fire up the chainsaw ,it looks very shaded in there and the solar panels and wind generator wont work
              I totally concur Wazz .............nought like logs crackling on a fire........................except maybe ......a burning drott...........
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Looks good Bruce, interesting forms they're using, around here they still use a lot of oiled up plywood and now some places styrofoam blocks which is pretty neat it's just like lego. lol I imagine with the excellent drainage there your probably just using that spray on tar stuff for waterproofing.

Comment

Ian, I'm just borrowing pictures from Martha Stewart and Bob Villa Stock, the exterior is being sealed with fibered asphalt inside the garage area, rubberized asphalt for the rest, then covered with insulation styrofoam sheets before backfilling. There will be 4" perforated perimeter drains at the base of the footings, although as Bert noticed, it's all sand, so I doubt I even need them (rather have them and not use them then the other way around...). Waz, I'll let the resident pool expert (Ian) comment on your question I still need to cut back one maple, and perform surgery on a few more, but I need to see how far before I begin. As far as firewood, I already have about 4 full cords of wood that has accumulated, and there is always more on the ground, so the roaring woodfire is just a matter of time (I still need to build a flue...)

More to come for sure....

Comment

Thats interesting ,I am sure i remember posting a reply here .
                    Back after Cyclone tracy drestoryed most of darwin in 1974 .Some builders put a proprosal up to rebuild houses using the foam blockmethod that Bert Mentioned . I don't think it was accepted ,and the builders went on to build houses in this area .

Comment

"Beam Me Up..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Me and the steel company placed the steel beams for the CPHQ Homestead yesterday and today. It took 2 days because the shop quoted me a 64' - 3" beam, I paid for a 64' -3" beam but what we tried to place was in fact a 63' - 3" beam. It seems the shop cutting torch made a mistake. Also, it was raining all afternoon while we placed the beams and there were thunderstorms just to the west, so we decided to try again this AM. We cut the offending short end off the big beam and added another slightly longer piece to finish the job. What a difference a day makes. Bright sun and breeze, and beams landed in less than an hour.

You can also see the ruberized coating on the foundation walls that still needs to be finished. It needs to cure without rain for at least 24 hours, so I apply it when it is supposed to be dry for a while. I'm hoping for a string of dry days next week.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kirk to Engineering ,Scotty I want warp 9 and I want it now .....

Comment

" I cut it twice and it's still to short"! My grandpa's favorite line as he was a carpenter.

Comment

Its only a foot short , He will never notice that.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                              Its only a foot short , He will never notice that.
                              'Til it falls on his toes!

Comment

Working...
                              X