New Driver CPC Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Driver CPC Regs

Just incase anyone out there hasnt come across the lastest red tape from Brussels. If you drive a PSV or LGV you will be required to posses a CPC from September 2014 in order to keep on driving .

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cles/DG_171186

It will need to be re-done with 35 hours of classroom time every 5 years. The rule came in last year, but under grandfather rights, existing drivers have until 2014 to comply. There is no test to pass for existing drivers, just the time must be completed

Happy days
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I for one think this is a load of b@ll@cks I have had a class 1 for well over 20 years got my national CPC (needed to be a transport manager) oh and it cost £2000:angry: but still need to sit in a classroom for 35 hrs just to be told something I probably already know and have to pay for the privilege :angry: by someone who probably knows less about transport than my 14 year old son

Paul.
    If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

For years ... the CITB milked the system and a 'jobs for the boys' culture existed and created a new layer of beurocracy that had to be funded from whitehall, and then subsequently 'The Levy'

This is direct rule from the EU and will cost every driver and their employer Millions .. to remind them of something they should already know

If you dont already comply with the law .. you get FINED .. so why overlay this additional beurocracy ? .. I say again if you are not a good driver you will get caught, because VOSA has stepped up inspections left right and centre to make sure of compliance, and ignorance of the law is no defence

The next question has to be where will this end ? how much red tape is going to be introduced to stop people earning a living ?... I get bloody mad at all this stuff, it really makes my blood boil
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Drivers cpc that old chestnut............well you only require a cpc if you make your living from driving a truck bus or coach, now if you own a digger but move it by truck then you are exempt if you drive a bus on a voluntary basis you are exempt. Put a load of muck on a truck then if you are driving it you need a CPC.
        Now don't be fooled driver CPC will be an on going process with a day a year required in the class room...............
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I think I'm gonna give this shit up .. company and all .. europe is killing any last vestage of profit you could ever make in this game .. it just doesent pay any more

Comment

Sollution , Move to Australia boys . We have rules and regulations ,but nothing like that .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Sollution , Move to Australia boys . We have rules and regulations ,but nothing like that .
              too much heat fella ... I burn in Scotland !!! anyway looks like after tiday our PM has seen the light

Comment

Heat , Makes the beer at the end of the day go down extra well .

Comment

I Like the exemtion thats says if you drive a vehicle used for giving driving lessons you don't need one ????So a trainer does not need one to teach.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                    I Like the exemtion thats says if you drive a vehicle used for giving driving lessons you don't need one ????So a trainer does not need one to teach.
                    LOL thats what I thought its bl&&dy barmy isnt it ? Aye Europe havent done much for us, and they are in a right state now I have a hunch Britain will have to join up ............... to save them ! there you go how about that for a prediction ?
                    Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      too much heat fella ... I burn in Scotland !!! anyway looks like after tiday our PM has seen the light
                      What , Starting to take notice who the effigy thats burning all over the country looks like.

Comment

You'd have it already if you did your ADR

Comment

this cpc bollocks is putting me of doing my hgvs, only reason i want to do them is because its hand to just like your machine tickets, well for me anyway being a fitter like, i had to go on a course in June for Scottish waster to get th eusr doms car and water hygine card? why? just because im occasionally out on hire to Scottish water at bursts, what a lock of crock in my eyes but there you go thats politics for you

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
                            this cpc bollocks is putting me of doing my hgvs, only reason i want to do them is because its hand to just like your machine tickets, well for me anyway being a fitter like, i had to go on a course in June for Scottish waster to get th eusr doms car and water hygine card? why? just because im occasionally out on hire to Scottish water at bursts, what a lock of crock in my eyes but there you go thats politics for you
                            Aye fella it is crap ... theres too much box ticking these days, and not enough knowing what you are about.. It dumbs down the truly skilled amongst us but what can we do ?

I think if this bollocks keeps up, you'll need a ticket to wipe your own arse before ye know it

Comment

ffs .. what have a missed
                              Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Working...
                              X