New Driver CPC Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stock View Post
    you only require a cpc if you make your living from driving a truck bus or coach, now if you own a digger but move it by truck then you are exempt
    Sorry to dig this old thread up, but I'm gonna have to do this now, but i dint know that stock ? you sure about that coz i thought it was anyone who drove a hgv
    Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Well I have a HGV licence which I just renewed for ten years and I don't have or have never done a CPC module or course. Bear in mind I am not in the UK but When I asked the Irish equivalent of the DVLA they said that if I made my living from professional truck /bus driving then I needed to do it but as I earn my living from construction and civils and only drive occasionally then I don't.....................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
        Sorry to dig this old thread up, but I'm gonna have to do this now, but i dint know that stock ? you sure about that coz i thought it was anyone who drove a hgv
        if you do not have one it will pretty much limit what you can do

7. When you don’t need Driver CPC

You might not need Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), even if you’re driving a large goods vehicle or passenger carrying vehicle. It depends on:
        • the vehicle
        • what the vehicle is being used for

Vehicles you can drive without Driver CPC

You don’t need Driver CPC if the vehicle you drive is:
        • being road tested after repair, maintenance or technical development
        • new or rebuilt and not been put into service yet
        • limited to a top speed of 28mph

Vehicle uses where you don’t need Driver CPC

You don’t need Driver CPC if the vehicle you drive is:
        • used for non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use
        • used to carry material or equipment you use for your job - but driving the vehicle can’t be the main part of your job
        • used for driving lessons for anyone who wants to get a driving licence or a Driver CPC
        • used by, or is under the control of, the armed forces, civil defence, the fire service and forces responsible for maintaining public order
        • used in states of emergency or for rescue missions

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
          • used in states of emergency or for rescue missions
          I'm sorted .. every one of my hires is one of them

No seriously I was a bit dubious about that one stock however

• used to carry material or equipment you use for your job - but driving the vehicle can’t be the main part of your job
          Is the point .. and its not an Irish only interpretation its pan European You might be right ? ..what would be the limiting factors ? .. an hour each way in the truck but driving the digger all day is ok ?

Ofcourse you realise that you've then been caught by tacho rules which state 'other work' is counted as driving time ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

i would say its people like scaffolders reinstatement gangs etc who fall into that category
            we do not run tachos in the grabs only logbooks

Comment

i would say its people like scaffolders reinstatement gangs etc who fall into that category
              we do not run tachos in the grabs only logbooks
              Ah yes grab lorry drivers operating hiabs .. I'm going to get some twidly levers installed and see if I can get away with it
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
              X