No announcement yet.

Interesting guns ,If your in to them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the .17 is a larger round than the .22 i think you are getting confused with air rifles as i think a .177 is smaller than a .22. I would say (but dont quote me) a .22 rilfe is good for rabbits about 50 to 75 yards at a push and the .17hmr for 100 to 125 yards. There is a massice price difference. I can but 50 .22 bullets for just under £5 and am nearer £15 for 50 .17hmr rounds!!

Comment

The .17 is a smaller calibre than the .22, the .17HMR is like a .22 magnum round necked down to a .17 projectile ,flat shooting but very little penetration as it a light round travelling fast and disintegrates quickly .It would be a safe round to use in populated areas as there would be zero chance of a ricochet .
      If you want something with a little bit of knockdown power and a reasonably flat trajectory , get a .222 and reload your own ,it will be lots cheaper .

Comment

Then of course there is the .17 centre fire which is a completely different beast .Fox hunters use them here because they are accurate{if its not windy}, and they usually don't ruin the pelt with huge holes you can put your hand through ......

Comment

.17 HMR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.17_HMR

.17 Remington http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/17rem.html

Wee Jim, yes the caliber is the same whether it is a firearm cartridge or an air rifle.

Comment

Hehe that magnum would cure a few problems alright ...........Its the ultimate stop switch

Comment

watch till the end now

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

More Fun

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                X