Hydraulic problem with pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic problem with pilots

Got a shout the other day with the report that the digger was throwing out the dipper arm as soon as the operator started it up. Fearing the worst I was ready to strip out the valve block .. anyway always keep an open mind

Went to pick the machine up and knew what it was straight away .. the control lever was really slappy, and the pilot valve 'A' had stuck down for the dipper out service, and its caused by the brass barrel picking up on the stainless pilot bullet that slides in and out of it, see pic below

parts.jpgIMG_0885.jpg

Once you unscrew the control lever 'C' .. the whole assembly falls down and the four pilots & pilot body drop below the plate you see, all you need to do then is lever out the offending brass collars 'B' with a screw driver as they are just a push fit into the body .

Then up end it and force the pilot 'A' out of the brass collar the other way.. it will be stiff, thats why the valve was sticking after all, get some fine emery and polish up the brass bore, watching that it contains an 'o' ring near the top.

Refit the stainless pilot and make sure its running easy, best to clean out the brass barel first to remove any filings and lightly oil.

Stick it back to gether and bobs yer aunty ! .. This is the second one Ive had in a couple of years, dunno why the brass starts to bind like that ? .. but it sure beats pulling slices out of a valve block ..........
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Thanks Muz for the repair rundown .

Comment

Muz what make of machine was this and how many hours did it have on the meter if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        Muz what make of machine was this and how many hours did it have on the meter if you don't mind me asking?
        This one was a volvo EC15 with about 2000Hrs .. Ive had it on a Kubota KX61:3 aswell with similar hours .. actually I think they use the same control block
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Pulled another EC 15 into the workshop today withe the same issue on the same service .. so another strip down .. I'll take some pics of this one stripped this time so you can see it apart

Comment

Was it just the brass binding again?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
              Was it just the brass binding again?
              Yes .. same problem .. I'll start a new thread

Comment

Working...
              X