Simple but Effective Christmas Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple but Effective Christmas Gadgets

Now the season is heading for the last throws of the holiday, I thought I'd reflect on some useful things I've used this season (seeing as we a helpful forum and one of my simple things ive done is get a set of remote control sockets to power some christmas lights around the living areas. No more wires everywhere, and limbo dancing under thinks to get to the sockets to switch em on!!

summat like

this

where you get a remote for each socket .............. I love it
    I Pull for a living

Hey Mike , So how big is the command centre , I can envisage rows and rows of remotes .

Comment

Down here mike there are a lot of solar powered led Christmas lights ,beats looking for a power socket and also screws the power companies out of cash ,but as usual they screwed us over by putting up the cost of power on Jan 1st anyway ..

Comment

I got a 'hot rox' hand warmer .. USB chargeable or from any mains power .. and it workx

cracking wee gadgit if you are out in the cold

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CH8Q8wIwAQ
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Just what I need here today Muz with the temp topping over 40 ºC = 104 ºF ,do they cool as well ?????? .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
            Just what I need here today Muz with the temp topping over 40 ºC = 104 ºF ,do they cool as well ?????? .
            Oh get out of it ya baw bagg ...... ... ats alright for some
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I was about to do some tiling in the bath room, and my good lady got me a laser thingy for finding a level , bloody marvellous

like this one

http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/boptocs2-u...2898/index.htm

anyone got any advice or do's and donts with them ?
              Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Hey Mike , So how big is the command centre , I can envisage rows and rows of remotes .
                hehe .. its only a command centre for a while until the ocd one gets back from work I take it you class empty pizza boxes and a few empty tinnies aswell as remotes as command centre material ? lol

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
                I was about to do some tiling in the bath room, and my good lady got me a laser thingy for finding a level , bloody marvellous

like this one

That lookee damn handy Frank .. but what if the likes of the bath is off ? where do you take your line from ?
                I Pull for a living

Comment

I could Exploit that remote system... Hummm....

My handy Xmas (ish) tool I brought, was A Nice Kemppi Inverter (Mini Arc 150 Pro), Which Rapid welding Irritatingly have'nt got to me yet, Either because of a shortage of stock or a saftey concern with the transformers.... either way it's ment to be getting dispatched on monday, and I will be most Irritated if I get another Email, So Irritated in fact I may cancel my order.....

Oh and a Lovely Pipe threading tool (up to 2") for £25..... Nice one too, better than I got to use as an apprentice :D

Sadly santa did not bring me £38,000 worth of JCB 3cx Sitemaster, despite all my letters and photographs to confirm what I have been driving for a few weeks :'( .... Please don't say I get a 3cx Eco next.... >:(
                  http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
                    santa did not bring me £38,000 worth of JCB 3cx Sitemaster,
                    clearly santa has more taste ... he knows how to avoid shite when he sees it

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                      Blimy and we live on the same planet meanwhile the uk shivers thankfully is been a comparitively warm winter !!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        clearly santa has more taste ... he knows how to avoid shite when he sees it
                        Na, He would be bringing shite if he sent me a 3cx contractor.... Learn't over the past few days to hate them. well hate is a strong word... No torque lock for slow tramping and for the first time in my life, a grab which when you push the lever forward opens...... :angry: Needless to say I made a complete arse of myself.....
                        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
                          Na, He would be bringing shite if he sent me a 3cx contractor.... Learn't over the past few days to hate them. well hate is a strong word... No torque lock for slow tramping and for the first time in my life, a grab which when you push the lever forward opens...... :angry: Needless to say I made a complete arse of myself.....
                          Nooooooooo ..... A ton of common brick dropped on the site khazi ?? What happened ?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankB View Post

like this one

Don't look at the pretty red light. Not such a good thing for long term eye health. Even though the lasers that are used on jobsites are quite a bit less powerful, they still concentrate a lot of light into a small point. I don't go so far as to wear the silly red glasses they often include, but I also make a habit of not looking towards the laser unless I am sure my eyes are above the laser line.

Depending on whether it is self leveling or not, setup can be a quick and easy process. One fish-eye level bubble or vertical and horizontal vials? I find the v & h vials are more accurate than one fish-eye.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                              Don't look at the pretty red light. Not such a good thing for long term eye health. Even though the lasers that are used on jobsites are quite a bit less powerful, they still concentrate a lot of light into a small point. I don't go so far as to wear the silly red glasses they often include, but I also make a habit of not looking towards the laser unless I am sure my eyes are above the laser line.

Depending on whether it is self leveling or not, setup can be a quick and easy process. One fish-eye level bubble or vertical and horizontal vials? I find the v & h vials are more accurate than one fish-eye.
                              cool thanks for that ...... pretty sure its a self leveller.....think I just screw it to the wall
                              Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Working...
                              X