Junk Yard Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Yard Dogs

Today I had some time to kill with my youngest brother in the city we were at one of our favorite stores called Princess Auto which is a Canadian chain of automotive and industrial supply stores. I bought a propane heater forced air heater for heating my garage when I'm working on my toys or when I just wanna get out of the house. lol And across the road is legendary place in the city called Cambrian Equipment Sales...even though it should really be called Pre-Cambrian Equipment Sales.
    I believe they are the biggest construction equipment wrecker in Manitoba sadly I didn't have my good camera with me this time and so had to rely on my 'Crackberry' for photos the owner there has probably 10-20 acres of equipment and machinery in various stages of disassembly in the city and probably close to 50 acres outside of the city. My brother who is an electrician's apprentice (3rd year almost done) and a largely self taught mechanic had never been there befpre so I made a satisfactory excuse to explore the yard with management we went exploring. Well Johnny was quite impressed and couldn't believe all the old engines, welders, industrial machinery etc. I know in the future I'll be going there again to explore and maybe buy some steel and other odds and ends and then I'll bring my camera with me but in the meantime I'll share these pictures with you guys and for the track loader fans I got a few pictures for you.
    Attached Files

Good Stuff Bert . Thats my sort of place . You can grab that D2 for us ,and send it over a bit at a time .

Comment

Sure thing Ian I'll get some more pictures some time when I have a chance. Depending on the cost of things I'm thinking about getting a rubber tracked skid steer in the spring and might consider buying one of those Bobcat backhoe attachments. I've never used one only the loader/backhoes, rubber-ducks, and excavators of all sizes, but considering how much lighter a backhoe attachment is it might be an option for me until I can get a proper truck for hauling dirt and equipment around.

Comment

Bert that's a great looking yard for killing time in ,if only we had some here like it ...........

Comment

A proper Alladins cave of machines,.. and 'project' parts
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
            Bert that's a great looking yard for killing time in ,if only we had some here like it ...........
            You don't? That's silly I remember seeing a place in Saskatchewan that wasn't as big but they appeared to have a whole crapload of ex-military stuff and something that looked like some kind of radar dish on a little trailer. lol

Comment

Well I'm not saying there aren't any at all just none anywhere near me ,Up Iains way is possibly the biggest wrecker {that's because Queenslanders are harder on machinery}. http://www.tillys.com.au/

Comment

Berts wrecking yard is old style , where you can still wander around .Last time i was at tillys . You have to Wear all the safety gear , but can't wander aound . You get taken out into the yard in a golf buggy .

Comment

That sucks when all the safety bullshit comes into play. Still it looks like a huge place. I found a website for Cambrian I think his son or son's are starting to take over the company as Mike or as he's known locally 'Iron Mike' is in his eighties.

http://www.cambrianequipmentsales.ca...t/Welcome.html

Comment

Bert, Is the D2 for sale? It looks pretty solid and those grousers look new. If I didn't have to deal with customs (and we were a lot closer), I'd be considering a road trip. The thing is, I have a small fleet of D2s, so it's up to you. Go for it!

Comment

Yeah I think everything there is for sale but I'm more likely to buy a mini-excavator maybe in a few years when I have a little more disposable income I'll buy an old crawler like that. That one however didn't have a blade so maybe it was an ag model.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                        Berts wrecking yard is old style where you can still wander around .Last time i was at tillys . You have to Wear all the safety gear , but can't wander aound . You get taken out into the yard in a golf buggy .
                        Insurance company's have all but killed our fun in the scrap yard or wreckers ,most wreckers will not let you past the office counter and scrap yards near me will not let you in to look and will not sell you anything {read back door sales for friends}should you happen to accidentally get a glimpse of something .

Good crawlers always pop up when funds are at their shortest ..........

Comment

Well nobody's posting much so I guess I'll have to add some pictures I took today with my good camera, gonna check out they're out of town yard possibly tomorrow. Well some pictures don't want to upload so those of you on Facebook that wanna see them have a look.
                          Attached Files

Comment

245dlc was up around your neck of the woods a few years ago drove outa Winnepeg to Brandon, Dauphine, stayed around there for a visit (tourist) but very unfortunately never saw any plant breakers yards, that apart nice snowy part of the world in a January.

Comment

It's to bad you weren't here during the summer we had a really nice hot dry one last year, certainly hoping this year will be the same or similar.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X