Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met my match this time !!

Trying to fix a leak on a track motor from a kubota kx61:3

Its a main bearing on the unit made by a company called FLT from Poland and Ive been advised its a special :roll: the gear box is made by Bonfiglioli and is simple enough .. just cant get the bearing anywhere, its a double ball race OD 140 mm ID 110 by 30mm across, any ideas ?

Re: Met my match this time !!

Originally posted by Dan
    Trying to fix a leak on a track motor from a kubota kx61:3

Its a main bearing on the unit made by a company called FLT from Poland and Ive been advised its a special :roll: the gear box is made by Bonfiglioli and is simple enough .. just cant get the bearing anywhere, its a double ball race OD 140 mm ID 110 by 30mm across, any ideas ?
    If its a special you'll need to email Bonfiglioli or try mailing FLT

They have a UK distributer here >>

Unit 8, Great West Trading
    Estate, 983 Great West Road
    Brentford
    Middlesex
    TW8 9DN

Tel: 020 85685121

HTH :)

Comment

Yeah thanks Gaz .. I tried the number but it just rings out .. turns out I can get it from the main agent but they started at £750 for it :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

I got em down to £400 and trying for more :arrow: watch this space

Comment

Thats unbelievable ....... :shock: for a bearing ? :shock: WTF ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz
          Thats unbelievable ....... :shock: for a bearing ? :shock: WTF ?
          Yeah thats outrageous :shock:

What is it made of .. does it have special metals in it or something ? .... like gold :) :roll:
          I Pull for a living

Comment

I dont know why manufacturers get away with this .. Ive heard it said they dont make a lot on the sale of the machine, but a shed load off all the parts. I wonder how much a machine would cost if you had to build it from parts from the parts dept :roll:

Comment

Well I fitted the dealer one .. then I coulnt get the sealed for life bearings to mate up :roll: .., what a fekin job grrrrr

I used a press .. some craft and it still wouldnt seal OMG I walked away and left it i WAS SO PISSED OFF anyway .. being a seasoned good guy ;) I went back and had another go .. and bingo ;) job done ..........

.... next problem ... where the fook did I leave the last outer casing 'O' ring seal....... :shock: ....foooooooooook ... lost forever :roll:

I hunted and hunted and eventually bowed to the loss of my memory and phoned the dealer for a new one :x

Guess what .. was unpacking it from the box and what did I find ? ..... oh yes ... the old one curled up on the bench ontop of an old recoil starter spring, and completely invisible

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Job update ... :) Unit out and running on a site for 3 weeks and no problems to report *wipes sweated brow* phew .. the boss wouldnt have been happy if I messed that one up :roll: Did an oil change in it .. bit darkened but ok ;)

Comment

Result then .. Nice one !
                  I Pull for a living

Comment

Yeah cheers mate ;) .. the killer question is why the plastic race failed in the original .. guess we'll never know, but atleast we got to it before the whole unit collapsed .. wish I'd taken some pics, but was too nervous just to get the box rebuilt :|

Comment

Working...
                    X