Users real names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users real names

Gentlemen .. I was wondering if it might be useful for peeps to add their real names to their profiles, in order that any of us may be addressed personally, and it therfor allows folks to post with a bit more sincerity, if they so wish.

Ive added a box on the user profile page to this effect

I'm not saying its mandatory, ofcourse not, and neither will the section be 'searchable' from the forum search area, as Ive restricted all those parameters, it would just help each of us to remember whos who, once your a registered user. So if your OK about it, go to your user profile under the 'Forum Actions' tab and update, and if you prefer not to, dont worry, its not an issue
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Well , I guess my user name is self explainitry.
    I guess if other forum members want to come out from behind their user name ,they will at their own pace . Yes it is nice to know someones first name ,as it is a lot more friendly feeling .

Comment

I'll just go by my 'nickname' and last name which is Bert or Bertie Baumgartner, if you want to know the whole thing I can pm it to you guys, just cause it's the internet and I'm overly cautious but good idea Muz...if that's your real name. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        I'll just go by my 'nickname' and last name which is Bert
        That's fine .. perhaps I should have rephrased the question, and said any name that means 'you', that you would like to be referred to as, so if thats still your forum handle,.. thats fine . It just seems nicer than referring to someone as, .. I dunno ... splat48E for example ? but if splat48E prefers to be known that way, so be it. Its only a suggestion, and just a courtesy, extended for peeps if they wished it

As for me, yes that is my real name, well a contraction, and I've updated (like a good few here anyway who's names are their handle)

Personally I'm happier to use a forum name, as its simpler during posting .. just thought some peeps might like the option ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm stock langer.....................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
          X