Scot Plant 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    I was going to go on Friday to avoid the jelly & ice cream brigade .. oh and the tyre kickers
    I thought we could have had jelly and icecream (if we get the weather!) and kick the tyres together on saturday. I guess its not to be!!

Comment

Its a trade thing I suppose , if you are buying a good few machines a year, you want peace , and the dealers full attention to do business, thats why they have the Friday and the Saturday some buyers cant make the Friday ofcourse, but its soo much quieter on the Friday no doubt ........me I have bigger fish to fry ... and this is a clue :bumm:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        ........me I have bigger fish to fry ... and this is a clue :bumm:
        Confucius say "Man who chase tail get very dizzy"

Comment

Well you may wish to take your wellies Jim

Some major names missing again this year, Hitachi, Komatsu, and many others.

If ya wanna see plant as far as the eye can see ... you gotta go and see BAUMA .... its the biggest mofo of a plant show Ive ever seen
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I went to the show today and it had dried up a good bit. One thing that annoys me about these shows is no-one really takes me on. I am a young looking guy (currently 29) but salesmen and the like just seem to pass me by when i am looking at plant etc.

Its a good show and i am looking forward to the next one. I didnt buy anything. Did you Muz?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              One thing that annoys me about these shows is no-one really takes me on. I am a young looking guy (currently 29) but salesmen and the like just seem to pass me by when i am looking at plant etc.

Its a good show and i am looking forward to the next one. I didnt buy anything. Did you Muz?
              You know what ? ... I was studying two small tracked dumpers at the Amman stand, both of which were being sat on by a sales man and his sales manager whilst they laughed and guffawed with a customer. They must have seen that I was giving the machines a right good inspection, one of which, I had the older version of, and neither of them gave up their conversations to stop and speak to me. I thought about just walking off the stand ? because I was going to have to interrupt them to find anything out ... in the end I did... but I thought that, that was pretty crap

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              I didnt buy anything. Did you Muz?
              Well I certainly had an appetite for something.
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Went on Friday, there was a tidy truck you would have liked on the Volvo stand Muz ...... body by Andover ... cheese wedge I think you call them ,, had a feel under the platform, and the bearers were made with mini rsj section quality stuff
                I Pull for a living

Comment

Case makes a decent 130, the 135 isn't as nice at least in the cab.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                    Case makes a decent 130, the 135 isn't as nice at least in the cab.

Just got to that 'age'

done 9000 hours in a self drive fleet

didnt cost me much in all that time neither .. infact it still had almost all its original bottom rollers and both idlers thats good going in my book. I rechained it and did a few top rollers, and one of the front idlers wore out a mount on the tension unit but other than that ... 9000 hours? .....

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      Went on Friday, there was a tidy truck you would have liked on the Volvo stand Muz ...... body by Andover ... cheese wedge I think you call them ,, had a feel under the platform, and the bearers were made with mini rsj section quality stuff
                      Yeah I seen it .. lovely bit of kit .. I want I want I want

Comment

Now we're are the pics? I was hoping to this year but had to go back offshore for the weekend :/

Muz would you be buying new or 2nd hand? I've always hada soft spot for the js130 and vovlo 140

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
                          Muz would you be buying new or 2nd hand? I've always hada soft spot for the js130 and vovlo 140
                          Yeah probs a good second hander, apparantly the Volvos are now holding their values very very well... they certainly didnt start off like that, but I am in formed by a dealer that this id now the case ... as for a JS 130 ..... Ya wouldnt catch me with one of those guys in my yard :ohmy1: ....

Comment

Not keen on them? My uncle has just got rid of his 2002 with close to 10k on her, nothing major apart from a set of track chains and top rollers and the odd hose he's gone and got anotheeweew js130

I would go for the Volvo myself

Comment

Working...
                            X