Working with Wee Jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Wee Jim

I had a nice little job last week digging some ditches on a hill road on Balmoral estate. The road was dug onto the hillside probably by hand in the Victorian era. I was 8 miles up the hill roads from Balmoral castle of which i could see the tower throught the trees.

This is on the road up. There must be alot of force in the water when its in spate to move all these rocks!

A nice wee waterfall

A Cracking wooden cabin next to a wee loch.

The view from my digger! (I love my job!!) the first picture is the view towards the castle and the rest is the general view around. in one you will see awhite suspension bridge

Here is the view towards the castle a week later with a dusting of snow.

And Finally here is my small companion Rosie sitting happy on the floor of the digger.

I hope you enjoyed.

Atta Girl Rosie. Good job keeping the "boss" in line. Some gorgeous country there Jim. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Comment

Nice one Jim .. my cocker spaniel quite likes a shot in the cab too ... I have to agree with you, I love Scotland and where my job takes me too
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks fellas. Its good to share!! I have put some other threads on the forum tonight with pictures too!!

Comment

Nothing like an office with a view . Were you coming accross those rocks when you were digging ,or did they all seem to find their way to the creek .

Comment

No i didnt find any rocks when i was digging as i was old working among ditches.

As you said I do like an office with a view though and so do I!!

Comment

Yeah , Unfortunately the only view i usualy get ,is of dust swirling .

Comment

Working...
              X