Cowboy builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy builders

I had a job the other day of scraping back a driveway to expose and oil pipe that it was believed the builder who turned out to be a cowboy (i know he was a cowboy as all the brickwork has to come down as its build in correct had damaged and hid. It had leaked oil into the ground so I had to expose this so samples could be taken. There is draind round the foundation for all the downpipes from the gutters with is all well and good but the drain for the sink came along and a plain ended pipe was butted against a 90degree bend for the downpies so it never went into a drain it just ran into the ground!! Here how i found a gas pipe. It had been burst and the burst cut out and a piece of plastic pit pushed in both ways and then sealed with balck insulation tape!! It would never cross my mind to try and repair a gas pipe as that stuff will explode!!

when i dug it (with a spade) it was hissing and due to the oil in the ground the tape was coming off as the glue was ruined.

Here is how he left the oil pipe

How could you leave something in such a dangerous condition?? i would not be able to sleep at night. I know we have all done things as a temporary measure but this was under the ground with a completed driveway on the top!!

Name and shame Jim .. thats shocking and gives us good guys a bad name ... so you have a leaking gas pipe beside a leaking oil pipe .. am I right ? .... imagine if your little 1 tonner threw out a spark from its exhaust
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Name and shame Jim .. thats shocking and gives us good guys a bad name ... so you have a leaking gas pipe beside a leaking oil pipe .. am I right ? .... imagine if your little 1 tonner threw out a spark from its exhaust
      Yeaht the gas pipe ran in the same track as the oil pipe!! I couldnt believe it when i saw it i had to stand back for a moment to take it in!! I swithced the digger off straight away just incase anything happened and it all went BOOM!!!! i know we all make mistakes and have hit services but thats what we pay insurances for and you put your hand up and say 'Hey i made a mistake' I'd rather do that than cause a massive explosion or something!!

Comment

feckin disgrace, feckers like that need to be named and shamed and severely sanctioned. Why would you risk peoples lives on such a bodge......................

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

'kinell ......... some cowboys right enough hoooeee ...

Comment

For those whom wonder what happened to the cowboy that tried to con me outta my £2000..... He's In court, Probably going to prison, Lost pretty much everything..... Sadly theres a few firms he owes about £8000 each.... Plus customers he's ripped off for £50,000 odd each....
            http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
              For those whom wonder what happened to the cowboy that tried to con me outta my £2000..... He's In court, Probably going to prison, Lost pretty much everything..... Sadly theres a few firms he owes about £8000 each.... Plus customers he's ripped off for £50,000 odd each....
              Can you say what happened ? or do you need the case to finish ? (probably the safer choice before posting)
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I have more from the cowboy builder on the same site. The lasy said she remembered seeing the builder with a cable with a scratch out of it and she asked him about it and he said it would be ok. She left it for awhile and with all the problems with the gas and the oil she didnt know if she should say and cause more hassle. Well its a good job she did as when i dug up the cable it was the electric cable for the property and this is what i found.

Turns out he had smacked the cable and whilst still LIVE had repaired it himself by using his trusty grey pipe that mends gas and oil pipes and trusty black tape.

The neutral was very nearly burned completely through which could of resulted in a fire or worse.

I just dont understand why someone would try and fix this kinda thing themselves!!
                Last edited by Wee Jim; 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: Added another picture

Comment

Yeeesh! That's scarey maybe he was to cheap to get a locate and figured he wouldn't hit anything.

Comment

can't say much more... But basically everyone wants there pound of flesh... I decided not to get involved as I already have my pound :D when it's all in the media you'll know about it.

That cables a fecking death trap. Fecking hell!
                    http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Sorry Lad but what in the feck are you rabbiting about.........................................
                      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                        Sorry Lad but what in the feck are you rabbiting about.........................................
                        Part of his reply was replying to my earlier post Although it did sound as if he was on the drink if you didnt read my earlier one

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X