Non Explosive Demolition Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Explosive Demolition Material

First time Ive come across this stuff ... anyone ever used it ?

Hi Dan ,Yes i have seen it at work .I did a job, Old house on timber stumps Front of the hose was about 600 mm off the ground ,and the back about 1.4 . The owner wanted a swimming pool and an entertainment area . So wanted the house all dug out to have entertainment area under the house So i commenced excavating ,with a 7.5 ton excavator . I worked my way under the house removing posts and replacing them with acrow props. When i haqd the front row of posts all dug out ,dug posts holes and a steel beamwas placed under the house and new steel posts concreted in . The3n continued untill the next steel beam replaced the timber posts .
    Anyway I hit some rock. Put the rockbreaker on and hammered . This stuff was Hard. All it did was after 5 minutes of hammering was make a bit of dust . Hammer long enough and there would be sparks comming off the moil...
    The builder got this stuff he called liquid dynamite . They drilled holes in the rock , Mixed the stuff up and poured it in the holes . Come back next morning and the rock would be cracked . Clean it away ,they would drill more holes ,while3 i worked on the other side of the house .Next morning clean away the cracked rock and drill again .. *I don't think there would have been any other method of getting that rock out .Some places the original builder poured a bit of concrete on top of the rock and put the bearers straight on top ..While we did this job the people lived in the house .

Comment

It's cool stuff, but why pay all that money? Back in the olden days, most quarrymen would achieve the same results by drilling and inserting dry wooden pegs. Wet the pegs and they would expand and do the same thing.

Comment

Yes , they reckon that how the egyptians cut the stones for the piramids . Bore holes a put willow tree truncks in and wet them .

Comment

Pretty neat must be some sort of expanding epoxy or something.

Comment

Wow .. its wierd how something so innert looking and so passive can have such awsome power !

*edit* mind you,, I bet theres a whole load more holes need drilling than using a stick of plastic, gelly or what ever the preferred blasting stuff is these days ..

that reminds me .... ive seen the same job done with hydraulic 'bursters' ..as a passive method .. I must google and see what I can find .. but then that needs a whole load of kit to get the job done IIRC not like the above stuff which comes in a bag

double edit something like these

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
            X