A Rake For My Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rake For My Digger

I got my rake fitted today for my digger. I bought this rake some time ago at an auction. It was for a 2.5 tonner so I needed the brackets changed and loped a foot off the overal size of it. I like it and its going to be handy. I am all for attachments and getting the most out of your machine. Its a good thing but needs a bit of flat steel on each side as sides as when i slew round stones fall off the side.

What do you guys think? Have any of you got rakes?

WE have a rough one for the 20 tonner , but don't have any photos Jim .

Comment

I've never used one myself but have thought about it many times when clearing brush or even demolition debris. Personally I think it's a great idea but I have been pretty successful in using a wider trenching bucket with long teeth in the past. I think if I got one made up I'd put another bar near the bottom for strength and maybe some old bucket teeth just so the tines last a little longer, but I imagine what you've got there should work well for a mini excavator. I guess also when your done using it you could put it over a fire and roast a pig with it too. Lol!!

Comment

Try grading a soil bank with it ..... you'll see how well they work there ... very effective
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

If you get the chance Jim post some pictures of you using it or even some video.

Comment

I will try and get a video of me using it.

I have been outside this evening welding on a bar to each side as i feel it works well as a rake but when i pick up stones and slew round they want to come off the sides. I hope to have rectified this problem now so i will have to get it tested out. A saturday night in the workshop....... does it get any better??

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Try grading a soil bank with it ..... you'll see how well they work there ... very effective
              Second that and just any soil tbh
              Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

As long as there are a few beers involved. lol

Comment

Working...
                X