Malwarebytes infected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malwarebytes infected

Computer was acting strange so I did a scan with Malwarebytes ,the scan finished much quicker than usual and found nothing .

Unconvinced I did a full scan with my resident antivirus program ,it picked this up ,beware Malwarebytes users ...Mbam infected
    infected.jpg

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
    Computer was acting strange so I did a scan with Malwarebytes ,the scan finished much quicker than usual and found nothing .

Unconvinced I did a full scan with my resident antivirus program ,it picked this up ,beware Malwarebytes users ...Mbam infected
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]777[/ATTACH]
    So .... is the avast seeing malwarebytyes stuff as a virus, or has malwarebytes put something in your machine ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Dunno Muz ?,I have had false positives before and it could be that ,and the scanner sensitivity is set to high .Avast said the processes were infected and I'm not
      taking any chances so I deleted it and will do fresh install .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
        Dunno Muz ?,I have had false positives before and it could be that ,and the scanner sensitivity is set to high .Avast said the processes were infected and I'm not
        taking any chances so I deleted it and will do fresh install .
        What ? ... your o/s ..... I have to say I use AVG free
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          What ? ... your o/s ..... I have to say I use AVG free
          No sorry not reinstalling the o/s ,just the malwarebytes at the moment ,and then keep a watch .........

How the problem got there I don't know ,i hope it wasn't a bogus update but I'm suss ...

Comment

Sounds like AVG and Malwarebytes has had this issue before. http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102...-with-trojans/ Google "malwarebytes infected" and see what you come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
              Sounds like AVG and Malwarebytes has had this issue before. http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102...-with-trojans/ Google "malwarebytes infected" and see what you come up with.
              Interesting , I use AVG too and hadnt had problems. so is it that your antivirus is seeing competitors as a virus I guess thats how you protect your market
              I Pull for a living

Comment

Working...
              X