it ain't changed.....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it ain't changed.....!

well chaps, i got to bugger off to the south of France for a few days...what a waste without saying more because people do live there and my thoughts ain't worth adding to their misery so heading home and hoping for the best i drove non stop to Calais, the ferry and .......

OH the suspense is killing me !!! ,What What .........

Comment

right I've had enough I'm off to go and .........................
      I Pull for a living

Comment

Oh No another one .......WHAT WHAT WHAT ??????...........

Comment

Now I'm proper confused................................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

.. ah yeah but then..... and thats when i remembered and having remembered was so completely naffed off at being back i lost the will to write so i'm going again only this time its 4x4 ing up in the Pyranees mountains along the french / Spanish border with a RV5 Oz tent and i'm using the Patrol cos i don't want a mobile langer rodent repair exercise. Moving on for some strange reason there's a large hot yellow thing hanging in the sky the last few days..whoopeeee... so i got out to finish the hydraulic change on the I.H. the oil out was heavily contaminated with just about everything but i did discover a proper strainer mounted horizontally in the bottem of the tank, i gave it a good scrubbing in diesel then stuck an airline into it and blew it out, came out pretty good so back in its gone. My two "Donaldson" filters fitted nicely so that done i moved on to the "Reverse" throttle pedal and as advised a bit od dismantling and lot of cleaning bit of emery cloth and it works a treat. The battery was shot so i bought a new one stuck it in and nothing the bloody starter motor seems dead.....round two will follow sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by muchmud View Post
              there's a large hot yellow thing hanging in the sky the last few days..whoopeeee...
              Yeah..... you should see us in Scotland ...... we had 30°C on Wednesday ...... the week before it was 12°C , wtf ?

Hey guys did you like my little degrees sign ? you know theres a load of special characters in your key boards, all accessed by hitting the alt button then a sequence of numbers degrees is alt + the numbers 0176 ............. 0153 is this one ™ ... cool innit ?

And muchmud dude get ya avatar sorted !!! lol

Comment

Over here it is 24 deg and I leaking more water than I can pour down my gob.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  Over here it is 24 deg and I leaking more water than I can pour down my gob.....................
                  Arrr I be plugging mine with draught guinness as we speak
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Your up grades have put you on dodgy grounds ......................when the miller had worked it way out . ..............I try and explain in a pm .....................if I don't remind me

Comment

Avatar !!!!! whats me avatar then, said it before i ain't much on this computer stuff unless its got a wind-up handle ?

Comment

Originally posted by muchmud View Post

Avatar !!!!! whats me avatar then, said it before i ain't much on this computer stuff unless its got a wind-up handle ?
                        Your wee piccy under your name .... I could put one there for you if you like .... but you'd need to find me a pic for me to use
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                          Your wee piccy under your name .... I could put one there for you if you like .... but you'd need to find me a pic for me to use
                          Right....i think, so i need summit looking like Neptune with a spanner instead of the trident and maybe a puzzled face holding a none existant I.H. manual yeah ?

Comment

Hi all back again, just before i snuck off i had a last go at sorting the dreaded machine problems and guess what it worked having done the battery / starter and welting it with a bigger hammer i tried the ruddy starter inhibitor switch and yeah thats the bugger. Bypassed it and up she run, i didn't have time to try it out in any serious way but she starts / runs ok with a bit of smoke initially, she tracks without problems and lifts tilts opens closes smoothly so thanks for all the advice given along the way. Soon as poss i'm going to push her into some dirt and she how she performs. I will pull the inhibitor switch and see if it can be sorted but until its out i don't know if its a repairable or replacement job. Did my getaway trip to Spanish Pyranees mountains in the Patrol ( can't trust a langer) was good fun and the motor never missed a beat, could do with a exhauster brake with so many long loose downhills.

Comment

Good to hear the International is a goer Muchmud ,is that your initial problems solved then and just the new ones to go .
                              How's the Patrol behaved ,some of the 3ltr ones here had a few nasty faults that led to total motor destruction ,the resale value is as poor as a Landrover for those models.

Comment

Working...
                              X