Lucky to be alive........expensive duck pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky to be alive........expensive duck pond

Some of you might know a buddy of mine Waterfall formwork, the lad emailed me these pictures of a 200 Hitachi that was owned by a non professional operator.While excavating a duck pond he tracked back with the boom up, the left track went down and over she went. The man escaped with out a scratch......................
    guess his number wasn't up.......................

A driven man with a burning passion.

Shit , Very lucky boy indeed .

Comment

Aye ,looking at the cabin he must have had a narrow head ,and that's why he wasn't crushed.....

Comment

I often warn a lot of my customer where I think the situation warrants it, that tracking backwards, over undulating ground or, dug out areas, without being aware of whats behind them is probably the most common reason for any of my kit going over, particularly with 1.5 tonners

I'm quite surprised by the cab deformation in that particular shot, he was quite unlucky in that the machine was almost perfectly aligned with its tracks, which is usually the determining factor, of what plane it goes over on, either perfectly from the side, or the other way, end to end. The fact that the boom was fully raised, lifts the centre of gravity up so much, that it tips over, with much more speed and energy than usual,he was certainly lucky to escape from it uninjured:ohmy1:

IIRC that cab has a sun roof on top, if its not secured properly, it takes a lot of strength out of the roof of the cab as you can see, but probably rust and fatigue of the cab shell played a part in its deformation too, apart from what it landed on, and the head of the dipper being lower than the digger.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Makes my spine shiver when I see/hear things like this!
          Cherry Picker Hire

Comment

Working...
          X