X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perkins Injectors.

Hi,
    Goodmorning,
    I am hoping to pull the injectors on an old Perkins 4.108 Marine engine.
    I am hoping that the injectors come out ok with a pinch bar, but would like to make up a sliding hammer just incase they prove to be tight, as it looks like they have not been removed for a while.
    It looks like the spill pipe connection on top of the injector is the place to put a sliding hammer/injector puller.
    Does anyone have any idea what thread it is on the top of the injector?, so I can make up a sliding hammer before I start.
    Im guessing 1/8 BSP...
    It has a CAV DPA rotary fuel pump, so Im guessing it will also be CAV injectors.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Cheers.

Had a 4-108 in a Mustang skid steer , Good old Motor ,So Good ,never had the injectors out of in . Muz or stock may have an idea .

Comment

hi ianoz,
      thanks for the reply.
      I just need to know what the thread is, so i can make up a puller.
      I have had a quick look at the job, but cant get back to it till next week, so i just wanted to find out what thread it is so I can make up a sliding hammer this week.
      thanks again for the reply,s
      cheers,
      andy,
      scotland.

Comment

Hello Andy and welcome to the forum ,I have no info except a link to a marine site ....http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f54/perkins-4-108-injector-removal-67549.html

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...uals-8758.html

Comment

hi wazza,
          thanks for the info,
          the ones on this engine look fairly rusted in, ill soack them in wd 40 prior to extraction.
          im wondering if the small 1/8 bsp thread (i think) on the top of these injectors might just pull out and strip if i made up a sliding hammer ???
          thanks again for the info,
          regards,
          andy.

Comment

Originally posted by gardener180 View Post
            im wondering if the small 1/8 bsp thread (i think) on the top of these injectors might just pull out and strip if i made up a sliding hammer ???
            More than likely, if they are anyway stuck thats not a chance I'd like to take anyway... can you get any pics so we can have a look, any faces on the body that you can get a turn on them with a spanner, whilst pulling from the top ?

Comment

Had a quick google (you know the internet thing Dan ) You know I only teasin ....... and it looks like they have a flange base, bit tricky to get to because of the exhaust cooler, but cant you gently lever them from one side and IMO those ones just need a wee crack off, give them a few taps as you go, then hopefully they'll come free, looks as though you'll have to work your way from one side because of the cooler though
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

hi,
                thanks for the reply,s
                yeah there are flats on the body, for taking off the cap to adjust the opening pressure etc, and i should be able to get in with a couple of smaller pinch bars.
                The more im thinking on it, i recon the sliding hammer thing will just not be an option on these injectors, as it will just pull the thread out if they are at all tight.
                sorry i cant get any pics, i only had a quick look at it and i wont see it again till next week when i go to pull them out..... i just like to be prepared, im a pesamist, so i always like to try and prepare for the worst case situation, lol

Comment

Going by Wazza's link plenty of loose juice applied the day before seemed to be the way to go .

Comment

Working...
                  X