Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need bucket teeth

Hi guys

where's the best place to get bucket teeth for a JCB bucket 1.5T?

There's so many types/buckets on the go you'd be best posting a pic, so we can see if they are impex or what ever ,, Digbits, Milling International, Midland Steel Traders or MST for short there's loads of folks do 'em

Comment

How far from the muir of ord are ya? Might be worth taking one into scot JCB and the will sort you out

Comment

I have Strickland buckets on my job 1.5 and so far since September last year I have broken 7 teeth. I broke 6 in the first couple of months and recently broke another. Jcb replaced the first sets free of charge.

Comment

Jim , Not sure what type/style of tooth your running , But i have had two types of tooth failure . Breaking of the tooth retaining pin area . Cause is Adapters having too much wear and allowing the tooth to move too much .The other has been Faulty Castings in the teeth .
          , Causing breaking in the retaining pin area .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Jim , Not sure what type/style of tooth your running , But i have had two types of tooth failure . Breaking of the tooth retaining pin area . Cause is Adapters having too much wear and allowing the tooth to move too much .The other has been Faulty Castings in the teeth .
            , Causing breaking in the retaining pin area .
            My teeth go over and under. I drove the first 6 because the bolts supplied with the teeth and bucket were too small for the job in hand. Scot JCB very kindly replaced all the teeth and when I fitted them I put in bigger bolts and this stopped the teeth coming slack and I don't like slack teeth. These buckets were brand new that this happend to as I bought them when I bought my digger.

Comment

Hey JIm .. meant to ask .. you got that bottom tray yet to sort your offset ram ?
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hey muz, not yet I don't have time to put the machine in and/or they can't give me another one as a replacement just now! Going to post on that thread just now.

Comment

Was using my 24 inch bucket today an noticed that one of the replacement teeth s now broken so I will have to take it off an weld it back together!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                    I have Strickland buckets on my job 1.5 and so far since September last year I have broken 7 teeth. I broke 6 in the first couple of months and recently broke another. Jcb replaced the first sets free of charge.
                    Think you need a good dentist jim

Mog
                    If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                      Was using my 24 inch bucket today an noticed that one of the replacement teeth s now broken so I will have to take it off an weld it back together!
                      you will struggle with that mate, they are hardened arent they ? dont think you can weld em
                      I Pull for a living

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                        you will struggle with that mate, they are hardened arent they ? dont think you can weld em
                        You'll be surprised what you can weld with the right rods

Mog

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
                          You'll be surprised what you can weld with the right rods

Mog
                          Dis similar you think ?
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Dis similar you think ?
                            yes probably a 306 rod

Mog

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
                              yes probably a 306 rod

Mog
                              Well my results have been variable ... cant be sure the rod I used on my test failures (wouldnt trust that combo on a job where others were involved) but I'm a 'stick' man and do thin stuff too, that has MIG guys worried I just find it hard to know whats going to work just looking at the metal ?

Comment

Working...
                              X