The I.H.loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I.H.loader

Got time to have another go at the I.H. this time i pulled the faulty inhibitor switch off the transmission to see what can be done, its all there but it seems the spring inside that pushes the "Bullet" piston down that forms the circuit connection for the starter is gone too weak to do its job and because its a molded plastic upper body its not something i can dismantle and replace. I've done the soak in petrol trying to clear and ease everything but the spring is naff, there is a small rubber "O" ring halfway down the piston but i reckon if its taken off then it might make it easier for the spring to do its job but if i do that its likely oil will get inside the switch and bugger it anyway. Anybody got any suggestions or know of a another switch that might fit .

Originally posted by muchmud View Post
    Anybody got any suggestions
    Aye ... just do the old farmers trick of jagging the screw driver in between the solenoid poles to bypass the whole lot
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I don't believe I have the offending switch on my machine at all ,it was most likely thrown in the bin 20 years ago .

Comment

Is it just a so called safety switch ,can you just bypass it ...

Comment

I.H. loader

Right well the suggestions given were options of the last resort but being a sucker for a challenge and having nowt to lose i decided to have a bash at repairing it and one to me its done and working properly. i bent the two terminals aside got the naff spring out took the "O" ring out sliced a sliver out the bugger glued it together again, gave the "Bore" a fine file polish, cut a new longer spring in half and bunged that in reassembled it and sealed the casing with hot plastic glue, did a quick continuity test with battery and light bulb and all good so stuck it in and it works as per... onwards and upwardsand next on my list is to try and get the exhaust manifold off cos its blowing into the cab, if its not an easy fix then i'll try have it surface machined as near as poss and then see what kind of gasket or sealant i can use, er.... that is i'll try and sort the gasket /sealant first before starting .

Comment

Working...
          X