jcb 801.4 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 801.4 2000

/hello i bought a jcb 801.4 recently and noticed that it was painted green originaly.how can this be and what does it mean?thank you andy.

A plant

Possibly an ex A plant machine , they used to like painting all there kit green once and welded plant numbers on them too

regards peter

Comment

a

Originally posted by andrew obrien View Post
      /hello i bought a jcb 801.4 recently and noticed that it was painted green originaly.how can this be and what does it mean?thank you andy.
      is the jcb 801.4 a good or bad machine,how many hours are they capable of doing.thank andrew

Comment

Originally posted by andrew obrien View Post
        is the jcb 801.4 a good or bad machine,how many hours are they capable of doing.thank andrew
        I love my JCB but I have the 8018 it has the extending tracks. I have had some issues with my machine I.e the main casting broke. I have a thread about it on here. What age is your machine and how many hours has it done? What are to planning on using it for?

Comment

Yep an A plant or Murphy machine depending on the colour green...............
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Being a good or bad machine depends a lot on weather its been used or abused .
            A machine that has been looked after is going to be far better than one thats been flogged .

Comment

801-?

Thinks thats what i got, its certainly a JCB mini digger anyway, but i ain't sure what model / year it is. I had a look on U-tube at a very similer one but that one was in much better "cosmetic" condition than mine but my one does work well. It to is green, a dark green like "Murphy's" rather than the "A" plant lighter green and its still got the piping for a breaker. I got it about 18 months ago from a dealer who bought a bunch of them from Blackbush plant auctions in Hants., I got a trailer for it at the same time but that is blue and without looking i think that was Balfour Beatty but they didn't come as a matched pair but i'd say the Murphy's guess is pretty good.

Comment

Dark Green

Dark green could be F M Conway , Fitzpatrick, or possibly anyone with a spare can of paint
                A plant did always weld a plant no on somewhere fairly visible as a rule , beginning with A

plant auctions at Blackbushe finished over 10 years ago , used to be a good jolly out on a wet day , would have been plenty this year :ohmy1:

regards peter

Comment

"plant auctions at Blackbushe finished over 10 years ago"

Bugger me.....i knew it was old .

Comment

seeing as this is about 801's my one tho working well has most of the electrics naff but i coudn't find an wiring diagram anywhere unless i wanted to pay over £300.oo to my local dealer to get the whole manual but a very nice man found he could download the wiring diagram (just 2 pages) and mailed it to me, next time i pop in he's on a pint or two ..

Comment

Working...
                    X