Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 801.4 Mini Digger (help)

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2008 JCB 801.4, unfortunately as with most 2nd hand equipment it came without any manuals. Thanks to Rob B I now have the Service Manual (top guy) which just leaves the Operators Manual, if anyone out there has it as a PDF please send me a PM.

Prior to obtaining a copy of the operators manual I wonder if you guys could help. I have what looks like an 'H' enclosed in a box flashing on the bottom left of the LCD display. I can't remember seeing this when I first purchased the machine hence I don't think it's related to the hours counter. (although I could be wrong and it could have been there all along :) does anyone know what this means???

The machine has 1160hrs on it.

I'd appreciate any help out there...

Thanks, Oliver.

Hi Oliver welcome to the forum

As far as I can recollect, its just a small letter the flashes as the hour meter ticks over, I think its right next to the numbers is it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

This any help? It's photos of a couple pages out my operator handbook for my 8018

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Hi Oliver welcome to the forum

As far as I can recollect, its just a small letter the flashes as the hour meter ticks over, I think its right next to the numbers is it ?
        Thanks for your replies guys. The hour meter is bottom right of the display and the flashing thingy is bottom left of the display sufficiently far enough away from the hour meter to not look like its associated with it, however if someone out there has the same machine and they have the same flashing thingy that would put my mind at rest although it would be nice to know exactly what it's for. Hopefully it is just flashing as the hour meter ticks over as you mention...

I'll try to take a photo which will hopefully assist,,, thanks again, Oliver

Comment

Originally posted by Biglandy View Post
          That would help for sure
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Wish i could help ya but i don't think they had invented an alphabet when my one was built . It does have an hours clock on it but i'm sure that its only showing a telephone number.

Comment

Muchmud's track problem has been moved

here

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys. The hour meter is bottom right of the display and the flashing thingy is bottom left of the display sufficiently far enough away from the hour meter to not look like its associated with it, however if someone out there has the same machine and they have the same flashing thingy that would put my mind at rest although it would be nice to know exactly what it's for. Hopefully it is just flashing as the hour meter ticks over as you mention...

I have a small H on mine too although it is alongside the numbers on the display so guessed it was H for hours. I am also looking for an operator manual although I think I have an older model than the one shown by Muz, as I have a round dial for the hours and all the other lights are on a strip below.

Comment

See if you can get a wiring diagram,you will be able to find out then.

Comment

Working...
                  X