Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

New member and new post. Have just split my 2002 lifton, repainted,remachined the link and put it back together. Bled it. Engine is fine but on going uphill the front wheels lock and it labours to a stand still. Jacked it up and put it in drive. The rear offside wheel was the only one spinning. I had to kick the others to make them go. Front wheels spinning much slower than the rear.

I did have the front sand blasted before I put it together. First concern is that I have sand in the motors although the oil seems clear. I'm also hearing of flow divider problems. Not sure what kind of job that is. Annoyingly I am in the south of France on a self build which exacerbates the problem re parts etc.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Stevey

Originally posted by Stevey View Post
    New member and new post. Have just split my 2002 lifton, repainted,remachined the link and put it back together. Bled it. Engine is fine but on going uphill the front wheels lock and it labours to a stand still. Jacked it up and put it in drive. The rear offside wheel was the only one spinning. I had to kick the others to make them go. Front wheels spinning much slower than the rear.

I did have the front sand blasted before I put it together. First concern is that I have sand in the motors although the oil seems clear. I'm also hearing of flow divider problems. Not sure what kind of job that is. Annoyingly I am in the south of France on a self build which exacerbates the problem re parts etc.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Stevey
    Hi Stevey welcome to the forum

There could be several issues here .. the flow devider certainly caused a lot, but they usually broke first leaking oil everywhere .. yours sounds more like a relief valve or more probably a pump issue. I take it yours is one with the rocker pedal for forward and reverse?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Lifton LS 850 uphill issues

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi Stevey welcome to the forum

There could be several issues here .. the flow devider certainly caused a lot, but they usually broke first leaking oil everywhere .. yours sounds more like a relief valve or more probably a pump issue. I take it yours is one with the rocker pedal for forward and reverse?
      Muz, thanks for getting back. It's the one pedal on the floor with the column switch by the steering wheel working shuttles for forward and reverse. When you talk about relief valves are you talking about those on the top, bottom and side of the drive pump? After the fault occurred I did have a little play with those. Aside from taking longer to engage drive in forward or reverse it made no difference to the actual uphill performance of the machine (there isnt any)

I have about four acres of steep tick, ridden jungle to strim today. Will log on later assuming I can find my way back to my house!

Stevey

Comment

Welcome to the forum Stevey ,Hope you get it sorted .

Comment

It's the one pedal on the floor with the column switch by the steering wheel working shuttles for forward and reverse.
          Gotcha now .. thats the newer type, they dont have a flow devider iirc. I'll have a dig around in some of our work shop notes to see if we had any similar problems, because we certainly had those machines, and the later ones. One area I would be immediately suspect of, is the hydraulic filter which is in the hydraulic tank top cover. I take it the tank has enough oil in it ?, its impossible to check as the sight glasses get crazed and cloudy and wont let you see in, and the gauze in the filler neck stops you dipping the tank , but I'd check those first. try running it with the filter out fior a short run
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Gotcha now .. thats the newer type, they dont have a flow devider iirc. I'll have a dig around in some of our work shop notes to see if we had any similar problems, because we certainly had those machines, and the later ones. One area I would be immediately suspect of, is the hydraulic filter which is in the hydraulic tank top cover. I take it the tank has enough oil in it ?, its impossible to check as the sight glasses get crazed and cloudy and wont let you see in, and the gauze in the filler neck stops you dipping the tank , but I'd check those first. try running it with the filter out fior a short run

Thanks again and for all the welcomes I'm getting on the forum and the advice. Oil is good and sight glass is clear. All new oil. I'm running 32 not 46. Hoping that that wont make any difference. Have not tried to go in drive without the filter but will try that one.
            Constructing a drive starting Monday so really keen to get this sorted. Hopefully won't be hiring a similar machine to one that I own.

Stevey

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Welcome to the forum Stevey ,Hope you get it sorted .
              Cheers mate

Comment

Hi Stevey and welcome

I take it the engine doesnt labour, you can boot the throttle and it revs up fine with the drive engaged ? ..... but just doesent have any power ?

Comment

sounds likee a klutch pac is leeking, dose the engin die wen under load? if not den iss defanetlie ither da pump or klutch pack foreward one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Hi Stevey and welcome

I take it the engine doesnt labour, you can boot the throttle and it revs up fine with the drive engaged ? ..... but just doesent have any power ?
                    Pretty much that. In neutral, ie with no drive selected engine will rev out nicely. Get the thing going on the flat in either gear and its also going along nicely. Even the smallest hill and the front wheels appear just to lock up, engine bogs down and you are going nowhere.

Comment

Even the smallest hill and the front wheels appear just to lock up, engine bogs down and you are going nowhere.
                      So it does labour then ? Because that means the pump is putting out pressure and less likely to be the cause .. although to be honest its looking like a pressure check is on the cards, both at the pump test points and in line to the drives

Comment

wrong

are you saying it was ok before you stripped it down ,and that the fault only occurred after you put it back together
                        could you have mixed pipes up etc just a thought

cheers graham

Comment

right

Getting to that issue d4c24a, when the op gives us more info Dan is not without his reasoned questioning .... these were lessons learned from the earlier ones that did use flow deviders, where the supplier put the feet on the devider the wrong way up, so it got fitted as seen , but was inverted, and made the machine lock up, a simple error, not of our making but a bugger to find

Comment

logical

just thought it would be best to ascertain it first off , as there are plenty of guesses so far

Comment

Ive had a look .. we only had the 750's but no mention of any such problems, then we shifted to the 1001's which were sold, distributed as Neuson/Wacker machines, I dont have any working pressures for any of them I'm afraid, and I dont even have any operators manuals for the 750's, so I dont know what the set ups would have been. However the principles seemed to be the same if this is any help, in that as hydrostatics, removing your foot from the throttle incurred a breaking effect, so there may be some adjustment here thats required also . Perhaps an email to http://www.neusonkramer.com/HTML/Pag...6_ENG_HTML.asp might give you some options, as to how far back they support is anyones guess, but I'd be interested to hear

Comment

Working...
                              X