Back from holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from holidays

Hey guys I just returned from a two week holiday in Western Canada with my wife which is why I haven't been online very much. Seems as though my employer didn't like my absence and fired me however on my tax paper it says I quit. Even though they had cleared my holiday months in advance and I made sure they knew before I left when I was going. Kind of a piss off I would say. How have you guys been doing lately?

Not too bad mate, but that sounds like a bad situation you have there with your employers. In the UK you are entitled to certain holidays which are agreed with the employee, for which they get paid usually, and they cannot be fired over that. Making them redundant is a different matter, but its pretty low to do that in their absence .. if all this was agreed before hand it sounds as if they have been pretty unreasonable
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thats A bit of a bugger Bert . Any openings elsewhere ?
      So ,how was the holiday ?

Comment

You could probably seek redress but there might be a backlash in "give the dog a bad name " scenario............

Hope you enjoyed the holiday....................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Well one thing I can do is for us seasonal workers here in Canada we have a department looked after by the federal government called Employment Insurance and both the employer and employee make contributions too so that when laid off by either lack of work or because white stuff falls out of the sky you have something to fall back on. This department also is where you can make a complaint against an employer when they **** something up like this. I shouldn't find any trouble getting a new job but I thought these guys were decent and I was apparently wrong. Our holiday however was fantastic and my wife and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Comment

Do we get blessed with photos Bert ?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Do we get blessed with photos Bert ?
              We already had one beached whale here Ian so I won't show you my snaps, no-one needs to see that much white flesh................which is why SHMBO has the light off and is in the cot before me..............................

Do you lot in Canada get sun tans ..............we don't here as the sun don't shine...............
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Yeah but I'm not as thin as I used to be so my shirt tends to stay on. And unlike a lot of European men I wear shorts when I go swimming and not those god awful speedo's that all the Germans and Italians wear. Diane and I were at a hot spring and most of the people that were there were German or Italian and I was rather disgusted by the amount of men wearing those horrible speedos so I went on Facebook later and made a rant concerning that issue, Diane also saw a rare female white walking whale wearing what looked like a bikini, I said it might be a regular one piece just all her rolls and blubber are covering up her suit. I'll have some pictures of the more interesting stuff once I get them uploaded there are a lot of them so it might take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  I was rather disgusted by the amount of men wearing those horrible speedos
                  Oh well , I'd better not post any 'Mankini' shots then

Comment

I am a boring gig me! I don't do holidays! I prefer to work! I am from a farming family so the cows always needed looked after so we never did holidays therefore its no longer in my nature to take time off lol. The thought of sitting best a pool all day bores the hell out of me!

Comment

Working...
                    X