Stocking up for winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking up for winter

With winter rapidly bearing down on us I decided I better get the firewood shed filled so my daughter and myself went up to my dads farm and got stuck into the firewood! She enjoyed working the log splitter

The log splitter is home made as you may be able to tell! And it has split ALOT of wood as I sell firewood through the winter as a side earner for the landscaping!

What timber is that Wee jim?

I'm oping to build one with a hydraulic power pack which I'm collecting bits for........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      What timber is that Wee jim?

I'm oping to build one with a hydraulic power pack which I'm collecting bits for........................
      I think that was some spruce but I was working a mixture of stuff.

My friend Kyle runs his splitter on a JCB beaver power pack as he does not have a tractor. It seems to work well, he has videos on if on YouTube under k.w firewood I think.
      Last edited by Wee Jim; 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I've got a 9 gal a min pump but I'm looking for a handy two or three cylinder diesel engine to run it. going to use electric solenoids for the directional control so as I can put in an automatic return.

Comment

I built my own using the boom off a 1 tonne fire damaged digger that I bought ... and its dozer blade .. and I run it off my vintage Fordson Super Major It cracks some serious knots too
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

you will have to show us some pictures Muzz ..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              you will have to show us some pictures Muzz ..........................
              Will do ... i couldnt find em last night ,, will have another look
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Strangley my PC says I posted this on this forum somewhere already ? ... anyway check this out

P6100512.jpgP6100513.jpgP6100511.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X