Newbie to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to site

Just found this site so thought I'd give it a blast .
    Dial before you dig

Welcome to the forum, tell us a little about yourself!

Comment

Not that much to say really lol... Started working with machinery on my fathers farm when I was 7ish right up untill I left school ,worked as a gamekeeper on Achentoul estates for 3yrs . Worked in a peat factory for a further 31/2yrs ,this is where I started to operate bigger machinery ,anyone remember the Hymac 580D ,and the Massey 50B , ,got made redundant from there .Seen an advert in one of the papers for a digger op in Aberdeen (baring in mind I lived in a very small village called Kinbrace ,we had 11 lamppost lol ,ten houses ). Anyways the job advertised was with a company called (then ) C.A Duduid & sons ,now called Turriff contractors which have recently been bought over . Anyways was with them for ni on 20yrs and am now precently working for G Bannerman of Tain working on housing sites on hire to G F Job from Nairn .

Bit long winded I know but there you go
      Dial before you dig

Comment

Welcome there Sean nice to have some more old duffers to chew the fat, IanOz is missing this weekend but expect a reply from the southern division.
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

less o the Auld chief lol
          Dial before you dig

Comment

Hi Sean welcome to the forum mate and yes I remember the old 580D's ...... well regarded in their days
            I Pull for a living

Comment

Hi there Sean nice to have you join mate

Comment

Welcome Sean .... I see the North East contingent is building I'd better start polishing up on my doric ...
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                  I remember the old 580D's ...... well regarded in their days
                  Yes me too
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks guys ,looking forward to get the Craic with you's all in the very near future
                    Dial before you dig

Comment

Hi mate , welcome
                      Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Originally posted by seanlogie View Post

less o the Auld chief lol
                        I driven the 50b series I & II and a lot of older stuff but still consider myself a whippersnapper.........

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                        Hi Sean welcome to the forum mate and yes I remember the old 580D's ...... well regarded in their days
                        that was until they started snapping drive shafts......
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

A mate of mine works for g.f job driving a wagon. He is Donal Powell we have been mates for years!

Comment

Working...
                          X