Mouses in 3cx tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouses in 3cx tyres

Hi there,have a new 3cx coming in November sometime ,boss was on the phone the other day asking what I wanted regarding extras and the like. Scot JCB were offering air con,power slide ,and tyre mouses as free optional extras (long time customer) .Anyone have any experience with the tyre mouses ..ie..whats the ride like compared to tyres with just air in them ?

cheers
    sean
    Dial before you dig

Originally posted by seanlogie View Post
    Hi there,have a new 3cx coming in November sometime ,boss was on the phone the other day asking what I wanted regarding extras and the like. Scot JCB were offering air con,power slide ,and tyre mouses as free optional extras (long time customer) .Anyone have any experience with the tyre mouses ..ie..whats the ride like compared to tyres with just air in them ?

cheers
    sean
    That depends if they are track or field hehe
    I Pull for a living

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
      That depends if they are track or field hehe
      lol

Arent they just some kind of special tube ?

I think the biggest thing that changed the way those machines handled was when they brought out the SRS system .... what a difference it made
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

"The mousse is compressed as soon as the tire is inflated. Once the tire begins being used, it heats up and becomes primed for use.[1] In the event of an air leak, and subsequent loss of pressure, the mousse expands to fill the void, giving a pressure almost equal to that of a properly inflated tire"

I would be enquiring from my local tyre depot if they had any experience of these and their removal or repairing a tyre with them installed. I've heard of them on autocross bikes and off road rally cars but never on a backhoe.
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          lol

Arent they just some kind of special tube ?

I think the biggest thing that changed the way those machines handled was when they brought out the SRS system .... what a difference it made
          If it wasn't for the SRS I wouldn't be doing this that's for sure :-)
          Dial before you dig

Comment

jcb tyres

what ever you do , make sure you do not have "their" own brand tyres fitted as it will lead to disappointment

see here http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3604

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              "The mousse is compressed as soon as the tire is inflated. Once the tire begins being used, it heats up and becomes primed for use.[1] In the event of an air leak, and subsequent loss of pressure, the mousse expands to fill the void, giving a pressure almost equal to that of a properly inflated tire"

I would be enquiring from my local tyre depot if they had any experience of these and their removal or repairing a tyre with them installed. I've heard of them on autocross bikes and off road rally cars but never on a backhoe.

Yeh .. i used to used them on my CRF450 crosser and KTM SXS 250...(far too much of an auld gadger now to be falling aff bikes these days but i still miss it all the same )
              Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                what ever you do , make sure you do not have "their" own brand tyres fitted as it will lead to disappointment
                I saw a machine with those on when new .. I was amazed how shallow the tread was on them for a new tyre

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I saw a machine with those on when new .. I was amazed how shallow the tread was on them for a new tyre

the cracking / splitting at 500 hrs is the worrying bit
                  with no suitable solution from jcb
                  Attached Files

Comment

the cracking / splitting at 500 hrs is the worrying bit
                    with no suitable solution from jcb
                    Shoot I had that happen on one lug of a 16.9 x14 Barum radial and they replaced it with no question. Bought the damaged tyre back six weeks later and sold it to a friend of mine a farmer and it lasted five years for him until he tore it on a gate iron....................

But I agree D4C24 JCB need to fix it.......................
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

fix

JCB,s fix was for "us" to purchase new tyres from them at £512 each , they would then inspect the defect tyres and decide how much to pay towards the news ones , surprisingly this was turned down
                      i then suggested i fit a part worn set i have and they have the defect ones back and then when they see they a failing send us a new set
                      but this would apparently void the warranty

it is a know fault to them but they keep theirs heads in the sand

Comment

but they keep theirs heads in the sand
                        So do many manufacturers, with the typical .. 'oh thats the first time Ive heard of that problem' .... If I had a pound for every time Ive heard that

But the games up .. cos forums like this one and others will run these guys out of town

The fact is the rubber is thin and crap .. just like much of the rest of their product if you ask me
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                        X