Tyre pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

Can anyone tell me what the correct pressures or the recommended pressures for my John Deeres tyres. They are 540/65 R24 on the front and 600/65 R38 on the rear. I have a loader on the front sometimes and will often be pulling a 12 ton dumper.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

You havent specified a manufacturer Jim, which I know isnt always neccesary, but if you go to their website, most will have a pressure chart which you can cross reference with the loads you will be applying and come up with the answer hopefully
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

They are continental tyres all round!

Comment

tyre pressures

According to the book on pg 46, a 540x65 x24 @1.6bar has a load rating of 2.5ton for a max speed of 40km

1.6 bar is approx 24psi

The 600 x65 x R38 is also 1.6 bar for a drawbar down load of 3.5ton (which I believe is the max allowed on a rigid axle) @40km Page 48
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Cheers for that!

Comment

You are welcome delighted to be of service.................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post

tyre pressures

According to the book on pg 46, a 540x65 x24 @1.6bar has a load rating of 2.5ton for a max speed of 40km

1.6 bar is approx 24psi

The 600 x65 x R38 is also 1.6 bar for a drawbar down load of 3.5ton (which I believe is the max allowed on a rigid axle) @40km Page 48
                The farmer who lives next door to us has his tractor tyres 'inflated'. That's it. Inflated. I don't think he knows what a pressure gauge looks like! Great bloke though.

Comment

Working...
                X