Had a bad day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
    its not a mower it's for whacking weeds! It is rotary but in stead of blades it's got chains so it can hit a stone or something and not break!

oh and it's only about a meter and a half wide!
    ahhh ok over here they are usually referred to as a rotary mower my father in law has one for the farm, quite a large one actually but instead of chains his has the big spinning disc with the swing blades on it.

Comment

Well down here we have what is called a slasher, it has very heavily constructed blades pivoting on a central disk so that they can swing back if they hit something, it can turn rocks and wood into much smaller versions with just a few loud bangs and crashes, Best not to make a habit of it though .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
        Well down here we have what is called a slasher, it has very heavily constructed blades pivoting on a central disk so that they can swing back if they hit something, it can turn rocks and wood into much smaller versions with just a few loud bangs and crashes, Best not to make a habit of it though .
        Yes agreed .. I had a topper that had a single rotor in it once .. it sounded like a helecopter when starting up .. and you were best to be in the next field if it ever hit anything and by that I'm including the driver
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I could have had a disasterous day . Spent the day digging tree stumps out ,Walked the excavator around to start digging around the next side ,Swung around ready to start digging ,when spotted a black thing lying on the ground where I had just walked though ..Retainer bolts came out of the boom slew pivot .If I had not have spotted it I may have broken the casting like Jims little JCB did ..Because it is a JCB ,I carry Spare Bolts ,So soon was back up and digging .

Comment

Guess which brand of excavator I won't look at in the future.

Comment

Right guys I took some photos yesterday so I trout. Would share the, with ya cos we all love photos!!

On the way to work

Cutting the fire breaks

The flail mower

These are the old style flails I.e the welded on chains

And these are the new style way we have got them on

Here is the end result

Comment

Spetacular pictures Jim did you make the modification?? What bolts did you use?
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Yeah me and the guy who owns the flail came up with the new idea as we were looking for a better way of having them on so when one gets lost it can be changed on the hill easily. If I remember correctly the bolts that go through the chain are 14mm thick and the other bolts that hold them on to the flail are 20 mm thick. I am thinking of bolting a metal tool box onto the flail to carry the spanners, shear bolts and the spare chains.

Comment

Beautiful views Jim gotta love hilly country.

Comment

Working...
                    X